Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #39832  by myopicvisionary

Vic and I hit the 200 yard KD range for some rifle practice. He had his scoped AR-15 in 5.56mm NATO and I brought my original 1942 Schmidt-Rubin Karabiner K-31 in 7.5x55mm Swiss. My rifle is almost 70 years old and making head shots at 200 yards with iron sights is relatively easy! Over the winter I am going shake it out alongside my 1941 Lee-Enfield SMLE No. 4, Mk I in .303 British to see which one I want to use in the CMP Foreign Service Rifle matches.

#39833  by GatorDude

How do you hit that target (head shot) at 200 yards with NO scope! Nice shooting! :applause:
 #39839  by myopicvisionary

200 yards isn't really that far. Any good rifle can do it. ARs yes, AKs no.
 #39840  by GatorDude

I don't think I could actually see a target at 200 yards without a scope! Seriously.
 #39841  by myopicvisionary

In the lower picture you can see two headshot targets on sticks to the left of the two white silhouettes. Just put the head on top of the front sight and squeeze. Like a pumpkin on a fencepoint.
 #39847  by Condition1

GatorDude wrote:I don't think I could actually see a target at 200 yards without a scope! Seriously.
+2
 #39869  by Boots

Condition1 wrote:
GatorDude wrote:I don't think I could actually see a target at 200 yards without a scope! Seriously.
+2
+3
 #40319  by WPCatfish

myopicvisionary wrote:200 yards isn't really that far. Any good rifle can do it. ARs yes, AKs no.

AK can do it.

If you empty the magazine...
 #40322  by GatorDude

WPCatfish wrote:
myopicvisionary wrote:200 yards isn't really that far. Any good rifle can do it. ARs yes, AKs no.

AK can do it.

If you empty the magazine...
Sure. But if the shooter can't see the damn target...it ain't much use now, is it? :o ;)