Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #59082  by bluedog46

myopicvisionary wrote:
is a 5.45x39 round considered smaller than a remington .223?
Yes, the 5.45 is a .221" bullet and the 5.56 is a .224" bulet.
Targetmaster said you can shoot smaller calibers than .223, so I need to figure out if I can get an ak-74 and be allowed to shoot it there.
 #59109  by bluedog46

Condition1 wrote:TargetMaster is one place I would NEVER give my business for anything!
What did they do?

I did hear lots of people used to have issues. I know if they still made you purchase ammo there I would not keep a membership. Seems like the best placed price to shoot if you shoot every week ( or jsut about every week) like my wife and I do.

I dont really deal with the counter too often but couple of the range guys there when I shoot are really cool.
 #59130  by bmel17

I've had a few annoyances @ targetmaster. The ones I have had were rude employees and misinformation.

One time while I was waiting for range time, the guy behind the counter was a complete richard cranium. I understand that you've been there all day dealing with a madhouse all coming to see you, but you could have some decent customer service and be friendly at least. At the end of that rangetime, I ended up talking to one of the other guys who couldn't have been more pleasant. I ended up buying a S&W 66-4 off him.

I was there last week and asked how much their transfer fees were. Guy told me $35 for p2p and $50 for internet sales. Standard prices from other gunshops I frequent. Sunday I went up and meet up with a guy I was doing a trade with and the guy says "oh it's $50 for p2p on the weekends". I was like oh nice....would have been good to know ahead of time, especially since I just asked 4 days ago.... Then since it was before closing, kept making comments on how he couldn't wait to get out of there. I told the guy I was meeting it was up to him if he wanted to pay the fee or not.

Those are just the two recent negative experiences there, besides their range fees. But, I have also had many good experiences with the counter guys where they couldn't have been friendlier or more knowledgable about my questions. I'm also not the guy that goes to a gunshop and asks stupid questions (yes, there are stupid questions) and bugs the guy for an hour or even multiple trips to said store and then never purchase the firearm. The range guys @ TM are usually pretty cool guys. They don't bother you (unless you're doing something wrong) and usually have a compliment or two for you. Well, at least in my experiences.

As for the purchase ammo thing, I usually seperate winchester WB up anyways. But they don't give me a hard time if I don't especially since I say I got it at Dick's.

I look at TM as an indoor range that is convienient for the winter months. Will I go there again? yes. Would I buy from them? yes. Is it my favorite place? No.
 #79315  by bluedog46

Went to targetmaster yesturday and renewed our membership. Shot my 1911 and was pretty happy a tad to the left but not much. Figured out that I really need to choke up on the trigger slack on the glock 17 to keep from going left and low with it.

Had lots of fun with m y .22lr colt 1911 ( thanks viper98). As expensive as ammo is gettin and while I am setting up to reload I think i mght be shooting lots of .22

They had some 30 round mags there and they were some type of cheap troy brand or something a three pack was $99.

The .223 you had to buy to shoot a .223 there was like $11-$12 and they were limiting people to two boxes.

They did not have many tactical rifles. I think I saw a couple colts around 2k in ar15 and maybe one ak and I forget what that was.

I did see a really sweet springfiled 1911 used.