Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #56484  by myopicvisionary

So I'm at Ommelanden zeroing my M14, and when I look through my spotting scope I see a hole about the size of a quarter. Just above this is my five round group. Two booths over is a fool firing shotgun slugs. I told him "thanks for big gaping hole in my target". He denied doing it even though he was the only one with a shotgun! Looking at his target showed a "group" of slug holes looking more like a "pattern" from the Jolly Green Giant's duck gun!
 #56487  by photog

And the RSO was where???

One of the many problems with a public range... too many idiots...
 #56498  by myopicvisionary

The RO was on the pistol side squaring away some guy with a pistol that kept jamming. Both of our targets were at 50 yards.
 #56499  by Condition1

I wonder if it wasn't a bad shell or something that caused too much spread....
 #56506  by myopicvisionary

He was shooting slugs... very poorly.
 #56507  by astro_wanabe

Sounds like that group of "homies" I had next to me that one time who could barely keep their handgun rounds on the target paper at 10 feet. I've actually had quite a few extra holes on my targets when shooting at 50 yards, but it was usually someone shooting a pistol at like 10 yards or so, and I can see where a small angle difference could send a round into the next lane without them noticing. But if his target was at 50 yards too then he should have been aiming much more narrowly...
 #56509  by myopicvisionary

Should have!
 #56517  by scottese

Was the guy receptive to any advice or help?
 #56519  by myopicvisionary

Typical know-it-all slob