Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #65099  by bluedog46

I went to the range with my new ar-15 ( stag model 2). I used Iron sights and shot the target all the way at the back. It is really sweet. I really like the ar. I shot about 60 rounds last week and 100 this week ( so far). I had one failure to feed, but was using a cheap mag the plastic ones. Other than that I was able to hit was I was aiming for the majority of the time. i even got a couple bulleyes :pbjtime: The thing is I always aim for the bullseye.

1911 needs a new front sight so I just shot the ruger .22 pistol and my Glock. usual results. I was happy with it. I did get lots of brass which I thought was good. One of these days I will end up reloading it.
 #65110  by jslacker

Nice trip it sounds like, invest in some PMags I hear nothing but good things....
 #65125  by myopicvisionary

Magpul PMags are the best!
 #65150  by bluedog46

thanks guys I will need to get some those. I figure I need at least 8 so I can keep four loaded and the rotate them every month or so like I do my pistols.

Also does anyone know if there is anything illegal about tapping two magainzes together upside down so when you run out of one you just turn it over and another 30 rounds?
 #65152  by myopicvisionary

No, there is nothing illegal about taping your mags together. It just makes your ground clearance more of an issue and the bottom mag is subject to scooping up dirt.
 #65154  by bluedog46

arent the pmags all plastic?

Seems the only mag I had an issue with was plastic, but it was a thermo-mold or something like that.
 #65157  by cj45lc

bluedog46 wrote:arent the pmags all plastic?

Seems the only mag I had an issue with was plastic, but it was a thermo-mold or something like that.

yep the PMags are some type of plastic but they are supposedly the cats meow. On that subject I just got 3 of them yesterday & noticed I can put 31 rounds in them, is that normal ?

I've read of folks having probs with the thermo-whatever but that is just reading stuff on the inter-web....lol

who has the best price on the PMags ? I paid $14...is that good or bad ?
 #65159  by Guard_Duck

$14 locally?? Where?? Most places I've seen around here are $18-$20. Online prices are from $12-$16, I'll usually add 1 or 2 to an order from CTD, Midway of Brownells just to bring the order to a rounder number.
 #65163  by cj45lc

white95zj wrote:$14 locally?? Where?? Most places I've seen around here are $18-$20. Online prices are from $12-$16, I'll usually add 1 or 2 to an order from CTD, Midway of Brownells just to bring the order to a rounder number.

that was $14.20 from Midway, I was ordering some other stuff & thought that was a pretty good price.

I did pay $19.99 for one with the window at Shooters Choice, the window doesn't seem to be a big deal to me but I just wanted something quick to try to get the hang of the little clip deals to load the mags...now if my damn rifle would just get here
 #65166  by bluedog46

i have seen 13-15 online at a couple places as well. Hell at that price I might try a couple.