Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #65220  by cj45lc

bluedog46 wrote:Are magpull mags all the same?

One of my distributors has them, but they have smith & wesson M&p15 on the mag. When the price is right I could care less if they all work the same way.

I would say that the PMags with the S&W mark on them are the same, S&W probably just puts their mark on them. The PMag is what comes with the S&W that I've got coming.
 #65225  by myopicvisionary

Its just branding, like how you will find Troy front BUIS with other's names on them.
 #65228  by bluedog46

y0rlik

what kind of lights you get from there? I saw some cool ones not sure which one I want for edc.
 #65230  by bmel17

bluedog46 wrote:y0rlik

what kind of lights you get from there? I saw some cool ones not sure which one I want for edc.
they had olights on there. I use those and can attest they are durable and super bright
 #65231  by Mirlen

RE the Primary Arms light, it's received some good reviews for value. Might be a little heavier than some of the other options but evidently gives off a bunch of light. (rated 380 lumens)
 #65239  by Lascivious1

Same as my Walther PPQ. it's from Walther in Germany but on the side Smith and Wesson has their name branded on it since they sell it.

Pretty lame if you ask me. i didnt buy it for S&W i bought it for the Walther name.
 #65246  by bmel17

In 1999, Smith & Wesson and Walther announced a joint plan to distribute Walther branded firearms and accessories in the United States. Today, Walther continues its long tradition of technical expertise in the design and production of firearms that meet the highest standards of quality with unsurpassed fit, finish, reliability, and durability.
from the S&W website
 #65262  by bluedog46

I like the smith & wesson warranty much better than the 1 year from walther. Thats just me though.
 #65273  by y0rlik

bluedog46 wrote:y0rlik

I have a Quark Mini123 as a keychain light. It's great. It has most of the modes (including strobe, SOS, and beacon modes) available on the big boys and is pretty bright but it's small enough to fit in your pocket. Never be without a flashlight again!

I also have a Maelstrom X7 which has much higher output. It *will* leave you seeing spots for hours (AMHIK!) if you look into it on anything above the moonlight mode (great for reading a map or in bed, etc.). It's also available with a pressure switch for mounting on a rifle (built on a standard 1" tube, so it should work with most mounts out there). I haven't tested it personally, but reliable reports indicate it is well-enough built to withstand the recoil of a 7.62x51, so use on a 5.56x45 rifle would be a cakewalk.

Really, though, I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference as to what you want. Any of the lights on the 4 sevens website will be well-made (whether it's a 4 sevens brand or one of the others they sell). I have also heard really good things about MTE flashlights.
 #65306  by bluedog46

thanks york.

I actually do have a nebo light I carry, but that I might get something a bit brighter. Its like an $8 light I got off amazon.com. it has the sharp edges around the light and a belt or pocket clip. Its bout the size of the average palm.