Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #67783  by Mirlen

Confirmed, will have to wait another month if approved to be a member, ugh, oh well. Not like I'm moving soon...I hope....... ?....

Look for someone like this, but a little less weirded out looking:

:pointlaugh:
 #70408  by Tank1974

I went to Ommenlanden today to break in a new hipoint I purchased yesterday, Ive never been there before it is actually nicer than I thought it would be. The range officers can be a bit on the rude side assuming everyone knows the procedures there but other than that very enjoyable time. put about 180 rounds down range and met a few nice people who were interested in the new C9. Seems like it will be my new range since its cheap and close to home.
 #70415  by bluedog46

Do they have the automatic target carriers now?
 #70461  by bluedog46

myopicvisionary wrote:And no way to reclaim your brass!
:cry:

What about the brass the goes behind you or to the side?

Plydudes brass catcher idea might be the way to go.
 #70465  by astro_wanabe

bluedog46 wrote:

You can collect any of your brass that is within or behind your booth. You just can't go forward of the booths because there's no cold range calls anymore.
 #70466  by bluedog46

astro_wanabe wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:

You can collect any of your brass that is within or behind your booth. You just can't go forward of the booths because there's no cold range calls anymore.
Do they have those sweep things like targetmaster you can reach and get brass with?
 #70477  by phlydude

you can't reach under the line since there is no cease fire

And the brass catcher...ehhh, just works OK - catches brass but it is big and awkward and if your brass trajectory changes at all (or you change positions) it doesn't catch it very well.

But I haven't checked it with a rifle yet because I was shooting 22LR and steel cased surplus my rifles. My AR is the big test to see if it works or should I just pony up the $$$ for a Caldwell AR brass catcher.