Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #67645  by phlydude

To shoot these:

But when I got there, the chalk board outside the cashier building indicated that the rifle and pistol range are still completely closed until 6/22...

Thanks for the Facebook page being kept up to date, Ommelanden!

And to think, I could have slept in instead
 #67646  by jslacker

That stinks!
Nice optics, what's your set up?
 #67665  by photog

Spoke to a family member who works at Omm. The pistol AND rifle ranges will be closed until June 23 as they are installing a target rail system on both ranges, similar to Targetmaster's I'm told.

So being a State range, you figure September, October, it should be ready...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #67668  by jslacker

A rail system, very interesting... :applause:
 #67671  by phlydude

someone must have looked at it and figured that there is too much risk in letting people walk down range regardless of the line being cleared
Plus, it will allow people to move in and out quicker without having to stop for 5-10 minutes to do target clean-up and set-ups every 1/2 hour

I welcome this and hope it is a decent system that won't break being somewhat outdoors
 #67673  by Guard_Duck

photog wrote:... installing a target rail system on both ranges, similar to Targetmaster's I'm told.
How long before its shot to hell and no longer works? And will it add another lane on both sides since they won't have to go down range to change targets out?
 #67675  by photog

white95zj wrote:
photog wrote:... installing a target rail system on both ranges, similar to Targetmaster's I'm told.
How long before its shot to hell and no longer works?
:pointlaugh: Judging by most folks I see shooting there... about 3 weeks!!!
 #67693  by radnor

photog wrote:
white95zj wrote:
How long before its shot to hell and no longer works?
:pointlaugh: Judging by most folks I see shooting there... about 3 weeks!!!
Being generous today are we?
 #67695  by Mirlen

Figures, I was gonna try to get to the range this week to finally sight in my AR-15 :( Oh well, got my dessicant packs and my Zerust capsules in the safe so things will store nicely for now *sigh* Hopefully the membership at the club up here near me will open up soon...