Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #68214  by bluedog46

I figured this would be the place to put this. I was down there last week and was talking to one of the guys that works there about shooting an ar-15 there. We got to discussing targetmaster and I mentioned to him their policy about buying their ammo.

He informed me that you can bring your own ammo there. No green tip penetrator or tracer ammo. I asked about steel cased ammo. He told me if just the case is steel you could shoot it, but if any part of the bullet is steel you cant. He also mentioned that Tula and Wolf would not work and he was not aware of anyone making just a steel cased round.

Thought I would pass this on if people plan on shooting lots of rounds in an ar15. I forget the prices as I have not shot there in awhile but I recall it being similar to targetmaster.
 #68216  by cj45lc

$15 or $17 I can't remember, we got the member deal & pay $5

I have not had a bad experience there to date, everyone of the staff seems like good folks to me plus it's just a couple miles down the road from the house
 #68253  by bluedog46

They seem similar to targetmaster except no full auto and the shop is not as big. Their prices seem a bit high on guns and ammo though. I would join if I were closer to there than Targetmaster but they are closer and I still have several months on my membership. I will probalby just join one of the pistol clubs eventually.

They also have what sounds like a really cool action pistol shoot on Thursdays I think that I heard of. Afterwards people go to smryna dinner or bob evans and the money collected is donated to a charity that everyone decides on there. I need to check that out.
http://www.shooterschoicede.com/thursda ... ity-shoot/
 #68272  by bluedog46

Lascivious1 wrote:Dover's a hike just to shoot your AR :?:

How long is the range?
One side seems be be as far as targetmaster as I recall. I think the other side might be a little shorter. Its been well over a year since I shot there.

Its a hike for sure, Just something I thought I would mention when people are planning to shoot lots of rounds and want want to buy large amounts of ammo at targetmaster.
 #68358  by WPCatfish

I haven't been there in awhile, but I don't recall being able to shoot AK or AR there before.