Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #70174  by Mirlen

Got out to the range to play with the AR for the second time today. Moved up to the 25 yard range and sighted in. Then moved to the 50 and this is what I ended up with:

And this was semi-rapid fire:

#70187  by dave_in_delaware

Nicely done. I have yet to take my new baby to the range and see what she can do.
 #70188  by Mirlen

dave_in_delaware wrote:Nicely done. I have yet to take my new baby to the range and see what she can do.
*thwap!*
 #70225  by Frank

Mirlen, send me an "E" mail at capt.frankdanner@comcast.net if you would like to shoot at Bridgeville. 100-300 and 600 yard ranges available if you want to stretch it's legs. What is the barrel twist. Mine is 1 in 8 and shoots 77 gr. bullets very well t 100, 300, and 600 yards. It has shot 1/2 minutes groups at these distances with open sights, off the bench.
 #70257  by Mirlen

Frank wrote:Mirlen, send me an "E" mail at capt.frankdanner@comcast.net if you would like to shoot at Bridgeville. 100-300 and 600 yard ranges available if you want to stretch it's legs. What is the barrel twist. Mine is 1 in 8 and shoots 77 gr. bullets very well t 100, 300, and 600 yards. It has shot 1/2 minutes groups at these distances with open sights, off the bench.
Thanks for the offer! This is mostly a home defense/SHTF gun vs. long range, so 50-100 yards is likely to be plenty and since it's a red dot and my aging eyesight that's fine too. Now if I put a scope on it then I might be curious beyond 100 yards... But now with the hot humid weather and sweat dripp'n in my eyes 50 yards is fine while I learn about it a bit more.

Now I gotta figure out how to get the damn screw out of the Larue mount that I stripped the head on... damn loc-tite! knew I shoulda warmed it up before trying *sigh* wanted to adjust the tension a bit tighter on the Larue mount and it's hard getting to the nut w/o taking the mount off. Oh well, will have to find a small thin 3/8" wrench then I won't have to worry about it much...wonder if that size is in bicycle wrenches....hmm...
 #70278  by Frank

There is more than one way to fly, depending on the gun's use. Bullet weight used can be dictated by it's intended use, and the twist dictates which bullet weight will be more accurate.
 #70295  by myopicvisionary

Unless you are a High Power Rifle competitor, 1:7 is not needed. If you have it, fine. If not, 1:9 will serve you well.