Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #72069  by DragonJames

Does anyone know him or know of him? A friend and I just left there and we both noted he was rather pushy and jumpy. My friend was trying to re acclimate themself with their kimber. She had an issue with one magazine, he was constantly hovering, ever mag she loaded he'd take a bullet out and check, every box of ammo she opened, he insisted on checking (after all of our ammo had been pre checked) she's not a jittery person, but she mentioned that the more he hovered and insisted on looking at everything the more nervous she became.

I think he needs some chill training from bob and the other older gentalman. Both of which were there when we started shooting but switched halfway through. Kinda left me not sure if I wish to return to Omm, even if I do adore the new target system.

Okay, rant over, figured I'd put this out there before I forgot.
 #72071  by jslacker

I haven't been to Om in forever! Actually I haven't been shooting in quite sometime, I really need to get back into the swing of things. Om is notorious for over zealous RM sometimes so it dose'nt surprise me that your friend had an issue.
 #72073  by DragonJames

So far I've never had an issue with any RO's this guy just struck a bad chord with me and a very bad one with my friend. I can understand making sure everything is safe and on the up and up, but I'm wondering if this gentleman is on a power trip of sorts...
 #72075  by Amy Blackthorn

DragonJames wrote:Does anyone know him or know of him? A friend and I just left there and we both noted he was rather pushy and jumpy. My friend was trying to re acclimate themself with their kimber. She had an issue with one magazine, he was constantly hovering, ever mag she loaded he'd take a bullet out and check, every box of ammo she opened, he insisted on checking (after all of our ammo had been pre checked) she's not a jittery person, but she mentioned that the more he hovered and insisted on looking at everything the more nervous she became.

I think he needs some chill training from bob and the other older gentalman. Both of which were there when we started shooting but switched halfway through. Kinda left me not sure if I wish to return to Omm, even if I do adore the new target system.

Okay, rant over, figured I'd put this out there before I forgot.
They hired a few new people.
 #72076  by DragonJames

Amy Blackthorn wrote: They hired a few new people.

Ah, big burly lookin guy with a full beard
 #72078  by bluedog46

At only $5 someone might end up telling him off. I am sure a person or two that is out there does not mind a confrontation. It is one thing to enforce rules, but another to be a prick.
 #72100  by NormH3

Perhaps he had an interest in her?
 #72135  by trevor

What have they changed? Been trying to get over as it's been some time since I was last there.
 #72138  by astro_wanabe

trevor wrote:What have they changed? Been trying to get over as it's been some time since I was last there.
they somewhat recently got electronic target retrieval systems on the rifle/pistol range, so no hot/cold ranges to change targets (the RO's won't hesitate to quote the $100K price tag). Not sure how long it's been since you've been there but they got rid of the sporting clays years ago.
 #72142  by Lascivious1

astro_wanabe wrote:
trevor wrote:What have they changed? Been trying to get over as it's been some time since I was last there.
they somewhat recently got electronic target retrieval systems on the rifle/pistol range, so no hot/cold ranges to change targets (the RO's won't hesitate to quote the $100K price tag). Not sure how long it's been since you've been there but they got rid of the sporting clays years ago.
Who cares how much they spent. i like my woods in the back of Elk Neck State Park :D