Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #92203  by Owen

Kudos on passing it on to the next generation!
:applause:
 #92274  by sethinde

This is a topic Owen and I have discussed on many occasions. Congrats on a positive trip! I still remember range trips with my father, and they are great memories.

I want to take my daughter out this coming June. the day before fathers day is "take your daughter to the range day" and I plan on taking her on her first trip then. She will be 9.

Then i will live in the doghouse for at least a month... :troll:
 #92351  by Jbullock

Awesome, I can't wait until I get a Ruger SR22 for my daughters to shoot. They are both getting bb guns for Christmas and hopefully soon after the Ruger. They both seemed excited and so am I. I only wish that I had started earlier with them. My son will start soon as well.
 #92380  by Owen

sethinde wrote:This is a topic Owen and I have discussed on many occasions. Congrats on a positive trip! I still remember range trips with my father, and they are great memories.

I want to take my daughter out this coming June. the day before fathers day is "take your daughter to the range day" and I plan on taking her on her first trip then. She will be 9.

Then i will live in the doghouse for at least a month... :troll:
We have to coordinate this Seth so we can all bring our kids and wives. Usually seeing that it is just a wholesome family activity can change minds.
 #92411  by Owen

Jbullock wrote:Taking kids out together sounds like a great idea! I would be willing to meet up with some of you as well.
Fridays I shoot silhouettes with 22s at the Delaware State Pistol Club. It's open to the public on Fri fir that. $2 for 40 metallic targets to knock down. They have rifles and pistols to shoot and cheap priced 22LR so all you need to do is show up. It's an indoor range so good for winter.

Sorry Mirlen I am thread hijacking. :oops: If you do stop by DSPC on a Friday I owe you a round of targets on me, Ok? :)
 #92412  by sethinde

Sounds like a plan. I like the idea, but convincing the wife is something else altogether.

I am going to start building that doghouse now.
 #92450  by WPCatfish

Jbullock wrote:Awesome, I can't wait until I get a Ruger SR22 for my daughters to shoot. They are both getting bb guns for Christmas and hopefully soon after the Ruger. They both seemed excited and so am I. I only wish that I had started earlier with them. My son will start soon as well.
I was going to go the BB gun route with the kids, but wound up getting them a scoped 10/22 to share.