Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #83041  by Mirlen

Finally got my daughter out to the range for her first time shooting. Took just the Remington 511T .22LR rifle. A bit big for her (She's 6, although most people seeing her think she looks more like 7-9) but we worked on basic safety items, aiming, etc etc. She's still working on her patience and working on breaking her of the trigger happy things so we did 1 round at a time. Glad it's a bolt action and not a 10/22 :-P She's also a lefty which messes with my brain when trying to get her setup...heh.. It was a good introduction and she was quite excited and happy to give it a 'shot'. Still have to keep her 'on-target' as I don't think she's really getting a real sight picture yet but that'll come as she calms down and starts to get more serious about it and the initial "Holy cow I'm shooting a GUN!" part fades.
 #83062  by radnor

OH!!! :o You evil parent! Child services should visit your house... How could you subject a child to that?[/BS off]

Good job! DSPC has a JR rifle program if interested on Saturday mornings.

Ffor her 10th B-day you'll have to buy her a EPR (evil PINK rifle)
 #83069  by Mirlen

rispoli wrote:I like your stand, did you make it?

- Joe
Nah, that's one they have at the range.
 #83074  by WPCatfish

radnor wrote: Ffor her 10th B-day you'll have to buy her a EPR (evil PINK rifle)

He'll say it's for her...but it'd really be for himself!
 #83095  by Mirlen

WPCatfish wrote:
radnor wrote: Ffor her 10th B-day you'll have to buy her a EPR (evil PINK rifle)

He'll say it's for her...but it'd really be for himself!
Hmmm, 15-22 with pink removable rail covers would work :)
 #83133  by radnor

Yeah right. She's going to say, "Dad the 15-22 is for little girls, I was an AR".

And again, good for you in introducing her to the sport!!! Good job! :applause:
 #92195  by wpage

Way to go...