Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #84136  by brich2929

Last 2 times I was at Targetmaster (after I bought my Husband and Wife Platinum membership at a cost of $350), I've had unpleasant experiences.

1. That membership is supposed to include UNLIMITED RANGE USE but both times, they had one hour limits, the first time I wasn't even aware of that, never had it happen in years of attendance. Range officer tapped me on the back and said time's up. Tyhe second time, I was there with my wife and still had like 10 rounds to shoot and the barrel was still hot. He said hurry up and finish and get out. Had to have my wife run out to the car and throw the rifle case open so it didn't melt the inside.On that same trip, I wanted to shoot the AR at like 15 yards but RO said can only shoot at 25 yards which is maximum range distance, yet the guy in the very next lane was sighting in his AR at like 10 yards, and firing a range-rented full auto rifle but never switched to full auto while I was there.

In my previous 2 trips there with my AR, I shot at various distances and nobody said a word. I'm not sure why it matters what distance you shoot at a paper target. I think thr RO was being an Asshat.

Kind of puts a stale taste in my mouth for Targetmaster.
 #84139  by Mr.Skellington

That's a pretty expensive membership package for what your getting. I'd drive a bit further and go for a membership at a private range. You'll spend less and have more freedom to do your own thing.
 #84152  by DEhammerhead

I went to shooters choice recently for the first time. One of the employees was a total jerk when we were getting checked in. Everyone else seemed nice, but I won't go back. It is a shame too because there aren't a ton of indoor ranges.
 #84172  by 02337

I frequent target master and have always good experiences. Last time me and the girlfriend went it was like 9:20 or so and we were only ones there and the range officer came and chit chatted, didn't say a word to us to leave. I've probably been half dozen tines in the last 2 months. No problems. Ammo is stocked. Can be a little busy.
 #84225  by Amy Blackthorn

I stopped there after work. I'm still in my security uniform. I Thought it was neat because I saw a guy in front of Goodwill OCing. I parked the X, got out and came around to the passenger side when OC -Goodwill guy comes up next to me jams his finger in my face and starts screaming at me that "YOU CAN'T PARK THERE." He starts gesturing wildly about me moving to the Goodwill parking lot.
Me: "Excuse me?"
Him: "YOU. CAN'T. PARK. THERE." By now he's yelling to hard spittle is flying out of his mouth.
Me: "This parking lot is for Targetmaster customers. Not only am I a Targetmaster customer, I've been a MEMBER for over ten years."
Him: "Oh yeah?" :macho smirk:
Me: "Yes."
Him: "Well that's MORE LIKE IT. You BETTER be." He made one of those macho grunts and stomped off inside. I situated my stuff, and walked in. I was so mad I turned around and left. I called on the way home and Manager Bob said he'd look into it.
 #84235  by viper98

Amy Blackthorn wrote:I stopped there after work. I'm still in my security uniform. I Thought it was neat because I saw a guy in front of Goodwill OCing. I parked the X, got out and came around to the passenger side when OC -Goodwill guy comes up next to me jams his finger in my face and starts screaming at me that "YOU CAN'T PARK THERE." He starts gesturing wildly about me moving to the Goodwill parking lot.
Me: "Excuse me?"
Him: "YOU. CAN'T. PARK. THERE." By now he's yelling to hard spittle is flying out of his mouth.
Me: "This parking lot is for Targetmaster customers. Not only am I a Targetmaster customer, I've been a MEMBER for over ten years."
Him: "Oh yeah?" :macho smirk:
Me: "Yes."
Him: "Well that's MORE LIKE IT. You BETTER be." He made one of those macho grunts and stomped off inside. I situated my stuff, and walked in. I was so mad I turned around and left. I called on the way home and Manager Bob said he'd look into it.
Hey...you never come here with your security uniform...what's up with that :sparring:
 #84244  by Amy Blackthorn

viper98 wrote: Hey...you never come here with your security uniform...what's up with that :sparring:
I just know I'd wind upon the Girls n Guns thread... ;)

Speaking of, do you sell handcuffs? The ones I get issued are crap.
 #84254  by MrCoolDale

Amy, I suggest HandcuffWarehouse.com. That's where I bought all of mine when I was doing security. Get some nice ASP with the poly coat, you won't be disappointed.

I have had several bad experiences at targetmaster and I won't ever shoot there again. If it wasn't for the constant stock of 9mm by the case I wouldn't even step foot in the building. I haven't had a range officer there yet that wasn't on some power trip or being a complete dick.
 #84255  by Amy Blackthorn

Thanks for the address MrCoolDale, was hoping to find a reputable place that would allow me to see what I'm getting. They all look shiny on the Internet, lol.
 #84259  by MrCoolDale

I'm going to say this and try not to be creepy...
You can come by and check out my handcuffs if you'd like.

Addendum:
These are the ones I recommend:
http://www.handcuffwarehouse.com/asphitahabl.html
http://www.handcuffwarehouse.com/asptaha.html

The hinged are the only ones I have left and I believe I still have two pairs. One pair of my chain was stolen by WPD. The cop put the guy in the car still wearing my cuffs and gave me a pair from his belt. I didn't even think about it until the next day. Other than that, I sold the rest.

I much prefer the hinged as it restricts movement in a safe manner, but they can be more difficult to apply with a less than cooperative suspect.

Addendum II
I apologize for the hijacking. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. Amy, send me a PM if you're interested in seeing my cuffs in an absolutely not creepy at all kind of way.