Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #85072  by Owen

radnor wrote:I dont know Owen, some of the guys with the "race"guns.

But then there are some who start with a conceal firearm simulating the streets... ;)

+1 on visitors and siggirl & the 380
Yeah, but I was still 6th in the ranking two weeks ago with my plain ol' G23. 8-)

Of course it was a "night shoot" and I have the rail mounted flashlights! :pbjtime:
 #85086  by Kuntryboy816

sethinde wrote:yes, Spectators are welcome.
Sweet! I may just have to talk my buddy in to coming with me as I think he'd be pretty interested in this as well.

One question though... as I will not be competing and only a spectator, is it ok to OC while doing so? I read through the range rules for both Indoor & Outdoor and did not see any specific rule relating to carrying a loaded weapon while holstered.
 #85092  by Owen

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
sethinde wrote:yes, Spectators are welcome.
Sweet! I may just have to talk my buddy in to coming with me as I think he'd be pretty interested in this as well.

One question though... as I will not be competing and only a spectator, is it ok to OC while doing so? I read through the range rules for both Indoor & Outdoor and did not see any specific rule relating to carrying a loaded weapon while holstered.
OC at DSPC is fine. We/I do it all the time. Normal OC firearm safety rules apply of course Ex: No handling of a loaded firearm while people are down range.
 #85095  by Shrek

If you have any questions about Action Pistol, just ask me, I run it. No rules other than safety rules are set in stone. You must have a strong side OWB holster if you don't have a carry permit. If you have one you can use a strong side IWB holster.

We also have Action Pistol 2 Wednesdays each month. This month (MAY) it's the 8th and the 22nd. Spectators are always welcome. Wednesdays aren't as busy as Mondays.

We also do carbine nights twice a month, it's the last course of the night. As Owen said we shoot in low light, and no light with flashlights a couple of times each month. Most courses are exaggerated real world scenarios.

Monday nights are usually finished by 9pm.

John
 #85101  by Owen

Thanks for clarifying John!

I am not an authority just a participant. :oops:
 #85153  by Boots

SigGirl wrote:I've always wanted to try it, it looks awesome... however I don't like their rule using a minimum 9mm. I do have a 9mm but I also carry my .380 (more than my 9mm).

I'm a firm believer that you should train how you carry and I don't like being told I can't use my carry firearm, some women who carry for self protection don't carry a 9mm and it's unfortunate that they can't partake in this, because it does sound really awesome! :banghead:
Actually, I think you can participate with a .380. It's just that your score doesn't count against others using the minimum 9mm. The 9mm minimum has to do with managing recoil and competing with others having to do the same. If you want to participate just for the fun of it with your lighter recoiling .380 I think that would be allowed. Along the way you still get to participate in the scenarios, just not a part of the competition.

Send a PM to Shrek (John) Image and get the official word from him. It's a bunch of great guys over there and the main goal is having fun, so go for it!
 #85225  by Kuntryboy816

I'll be there spectating tonight. If anyone from here that I haven't met will be there, stop by and say Hi. I'll be in my Jeep (<- see avatar) and will more than likely be wearing my cowboy hat.