Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #86682  by sethinde

I know we have some range officers and family members of range officers on this forums. Could someone let me know if they have fixed the range? Are all the lanes open?
 #86684  by photog

They have installed covers on the rail system so that the rain does not "de-rail" the setup, however, it is still hit or miss. (no pun intended) Some days, everything works great according to my daughter who works there. Other days, the rails will not move at all, and targets have to be hung manually......
 #86697  by sethinde

Thanks Photog. I was there the week before last and there was only 3 lanes open with the rails working, the other lanes where manually managed. I may check it out this morning.
 #86706  by oceanrods

I took the wife, kids and friends of kids there today (total of 7 people). The place was dead...we were the only ones at the range. They had all the pistol lanes open and only 3 of the rifle lanes.

Was glad to try out my new Colt AR 15 that I picked up a few weeks back and to test out my Galil after I replaced the extractor. Was quite please with both. The Galil ran smooth as butter (still my favorite gun in my collection hands down :mrgreen: ). The only complaint I had was the Aquilla 223 ammo that I brought was incredibly smokey and dirty....not sure if I will be buying that brand again. Overall great day at the range. Super friendly staff and no crowds.
 #86724  by derunner

oceanrods wrote:I took the wife, kids and friends of kids there today (total of 7 people). The place was dead...we were the only ones at the range. They had all the pistol lanes open and only 3 of the rifle lanes.

Was glad to try out my new Colt AR 15 that I picked up a few weeks back and to test out my Galil after I replaced the extractor. Was quite please with both. The Galil ran smooth as butter (still my favorite gun in my collection hands down :mrgreen: ). The only complaint I had was the Aquilla 223 ammo that I brought was incredibly smokey and dirty....not sure if I will be buying that brand again. Overall great day at the range. Super friendly staff and no crowds.
So have they opened the back side? It was still closed Wednesday. And I think 3 of the automated lanes were working and 3 were set up with target stands and lane 1 was left open so you could set your targets.
 #86801  by sanman9781

From a Facebook update posted at 2pm:

Ommelanden Range
The pistol side is fully working! Stop on by Wednesday to shoot!!
 #89201  by oceanrods

Went this afternoon, called ahead to make sure their lanes were open, received a response of yes, seems quite light. Picked up a "first time shooting" buddy of mine and headed over. Got to the range and there was only 1 rifle lane functioning. They had all the cables pulled out of the other rifle lanes....thought WTF! Oh well my buddy has never shot before and I was anxious to zero in my new scope on my Galil and my red dot on my Colt. So we took the one lane, and found out the track is stuck at 50yrds (not the most ideal for sighting in new optics). I think they should ditch the new track system (which seems to only work about 10% of the time) and go back to the old manual system.