Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #89792  by Tate

Hey guys, I'm living in Dover now and am sick of going to shooters choice, I have a place I can shoot handguns and some shotgun at a friends house, but his land is not big enough to shoot rifle on, Shooters Choice will not let me shoot anything over 5.56 and that means my semi new AK and Mosin are sitting unused. Does anyone know of anywhere near Dover that I could go? The lack of shooting ranges in DE is astounding, I remember as a child growing up on the outskirts of Dover we grew up around farms and could shoot til our hearts content but not any longer. I really wish I knew someone who owned some land I could practice rifle on, it's a shame that we can't do anything but shoot standing still at a non moving target.

Also for anyone who's been to JD what's the cost and do you bring your own target stand/targets? Or do they have only fixed distance targets? Or can you change the distance?
 #89805  by David

Targets at pre-set ranges. No need to bring your own. $15/hour is the standard rate. They tend to be pretty lenient on the hour. Good people. Can get crowded as its really the only public range in Sussex (that I know of).
 #89807  by scampbell3

Last time I was there, it was $15.00/hr with a $60.00 yearly membership.
For a family membership of $250.00 there is no hourly charge (unlimited range time)

Chip
 #89809  by mdak06

David wrote:Targets at pre-set ranges. No need to bring your own. $15/hour is the standard rate. They tend to be pretty lenient on the hour. Good people. Can get crowded as its really the only public range in Sussex (that I know of).
FYI, they used to be a public range, but apparently aren't that way anymore. When I talked to them a few weeks ago they said that the first time you use the range, you can do so without a membership, but after that you must get a membership to continue using the range. IIRC they said the change was related to an insurance issue.

I think the prices Chip mentioned are still correct.
 #92129  by Guard_Duck

unclejack wrote:Here's a list of ranges in Maryland. Some fairly close to Dover.
http://www.muck-boy.com/Shooting%20Rang ... 20Page.htm
Good luck you might have to copy & paste.

http://www.muck-boy.com/Shooting%20Rang ... 20Page.htm Fixed it.

I can only speak for myself, but with Maryland's new gun laws, I refuse to step foot in that state with a firearm. Not putting myself into a situation where even the LEO's are unclear of the law. Really don't feel like wearing a set of steel bracelets.
 #92177  by Boots

unclejack wrote:Here's a list of ranges in Maryland. Some fairly close to Dover.
[http://www.muck-boy.com/Shooting%20Ranges/Muckboy%20Maryland%20Shooting%20Range%20Page.htm
Good luck you might have to copy & paste.
Just so you know, the problem with your link is shown above in red.
 #92183  by spillanej

Ive only found JD an ommelanden. Ommelanden has let me fire 7.62x54r/x39/x51 without question. Actually a range officer asked to shoot my Mosin, I was happy to oblige.