Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #91265  by Kuntryboy816

My brother and I, along with my buddy and his friend, decided to go to the range in Northeast Wednesday afternoon. My brother and I got there around 5:30ish and set up. He brought his scoped 10/22 and his AR15 (5.56). I brought my Mosin 91/30 and my carry pistol. My poor FN was wimpering the whole time as it's not used to being unloaded and locked away in it's box. :cry:

We only had one target stand so we decided to shoot our rifles first and then move to the pistol range if we had time after. My brother started out shooting his .22 and I broke out 'Ol Betsy. :lol: A few guys glanced over our way when I uncased my rifle. After the first 5 rounds though they came over to see what was making the big boom. I chatted with a couple older gentleman who seemed pretty interested. I offered to let them take a few shots but they declined looking a bit nervous after seeing how much recoil I was absorbing. I'm 6'1 @ 270 lbs and she was kicking a little but I didn't think it was too bad. I put 40 rounds downrange @ 50 and 100 yards and put all but 4 rounds on target. Not bad with iron sights in the dwindling daylight.

My buddy and his friend showed up and we put them on the stand. My buddy Dave settled in on my rifle and sent 10 rounds down range. He didn't do too bad. Next we set up Tracie on the 10/22. She had never shot a firearm before so we didn't want to scare the crap outta her with a big caliber round. She was already looking a looking a bit apprehensive after seeing Dave and I shoot my rifle. Dave took the time to explain how to operate the rifle safely and basic shooting fundamentals. She shot about 60-70 rounds and did very well. Needless to say she's hooked. We're already trying to get another trip planned soon. Hopefully her daughters will join us next time as well. :D
 #91267  by cj45lc

Sounds like a good trip
 #91310  by Kuntryboy816

cj45lc wrote:Sounds like a good trip
Absolutely! I love shooting even though I don't get to as often as I'd like. AND, we introduced another person to firearms and shooting. That's always a +1 in my book. Hopefully we'll get another trip planned in the near future. This trip was sort of a "we got the itchy trigger finger and decide to go at the last minute" type of arrangement. If we actually plan the next one out, I'll post up to see if anyone else wants to join in.
 #91821  by wpage

Wonder how things will be down in Md. now that O Mally and his crew passed new anti gun measures...