Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #91883  by Kuntryboy816

Anyone going to the shoot tonight? I'm meeting a friend from work there tonight. If we haven't met stop by and say hi. I'll be the big dude with a beard and glasses. 8-)
 #91884  by Owen

I'll be there. I'm the nerdy guy with sideburns and glasses who talks a lot.:lol:
 #91889  by whatevah

I should go one of these days... haven't shot IDPA in a few months. Post up with how the night goes.
 #91903  by Kuntryboy816

This was the first time I've ever shot anything like this and I'm absolutely hooked!! It was a great night and John, his wife, and pretty much everyone there were very friendly and helpful to us noobs. I met a friend from work there and a former coworker. They went to Mondays shoot (they're 1st) and they convinced me to go last night. I'm glad they did. I also met Owen, great guy and gave me a few good tips. This type of shooting really shows you what your strengths and weaknesses really are. I forget some ot the titles but here's the scenarios:

(1) 4 targets- 2 plates and 2 balls - head-to-head, one-handed, 1st to hit all four wins
-Draw with strong hand shoot plate, switch to off hand shoot plate, change hands shoot 1st ball, switch again shoot ball

(2) Empty your pockets- While using an ATM, a misguided Yute ( :lol: ) approaches you with a knife. Engage target firing 5 rounds @ 4 yards, time limit 3 seconds with penalty for shots after time limit.

(3) Not the real name but I'll call it "Battle Royale"- 6 targets (18 rounds w/ mag change @ shooters discretion)- Starting @ 15 yards engage target 1 (3 shots) while moving toward cover, from cover engage targets 2-6 randomly (2 shots each), move out from cover and engage targets 2-5 with one headshot each

Needless to say, I wasn't anywhere near the top of the pack. I was highly impressed with how great the other shooters were. I kinda got a quick rundown on scoring but I'm still a little shaky on that. I tried to concentrate mainly on the task at hand and not everyone watching me and I got a little better as the night went on. BIG thanks to the DSPC crew for making it an incredible experience. I will be back...right after I get a second job to support my new hobby. :troll: I'll post up a few vids later.

@ Owen- was great to meet you and thanks again for the tips.

@Taurus- apologies but I didn't see your post until today. I was kinda rushing to get there on time for the shoot. The club is in New Castle on Moore's lane kinda behind Southgate Industrial Park.
 #91905  by radnor

Glad you guys made it and had a good time.

I've put it off for a long time thinking the other guys
would be so much better than I was. They were. But
once started shooting it wish I had started sooner.

I believe John is thinking about an AP for noobs only.
 #91906  by Fishhunter911

I too have put it off because I have never done it before. If they do a AP for noobs, I would be all over it!
 #91908  by Owen

Good times with good people!

@Taurus247 - Sorry, I missed your reply. Check out the club here: http://www.delawarestatepistolclub.org/ - we lost the outdoor range, for now just indoor.

@sethinde - It was a fun repeat of the 10/14 course. Fun times!

@Kuntryboy816 - It was good to meet you! Thanks for the kind words.

@radnor - I think I missed you, sorry. I'm bad with names. :roll:

I would encourage you all to stop by. Practice made fun is what I think of it as. To qualify you have to draw from a strong side holster and then put 5 consecutive shots on a 8 1/2" x 11" target back from 7 yards. I'm just paraphrasing, you can get complete details from John.

Next Monday 10/28 will be our annual Halloween themed shoot! :pbjtime:
You'll need a flashlight light for shooting in the dark and carbine in either a pistol caliber or 22LR. I have rail mount weapon lights for both pistol and carbine that I can share.:D