Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #92292  by Kuntryboy816

Pop and I took a trip to the NE range yesterday. I had 3 other guys who had planned on going with us but they had other things come up. We got there around 10a, stopped by the pay booth and headed down to setup. It was busy but we didn't have to wait for a lane. We got set up and pop started shooting. We got him centered out to 100yds. He got "scoped" 3-4 times and it opened a small cut on his nose. I took the last shot with his thunder stick and then I got scoped. Lots of kick and I'm feeling it a little today. While pop shot I measured powder and staged sabots and primers. After 10 shots he'd run some cleaning patches thru the barrel and I'd shoot the mosin. I got a few guys come over that were interested in what I was shooting. One guy right next to me pulled out a 1917(?) and let me shoot a few rounds with it. It was a 150 gr 30.06 but had a very light trigger. I have to do some research and look into acquiring one possibly.

2 lanes to our left, 2 guys were shooting a few different weapons. They had one crazy looking Keltec RFP (? - mag behind trigger setup). At one point his buddy pulled out a beautiful Garand and sent some rounds down range. I didn't notice it until I heard that signature 'ping' after the last round. Another guy had a really nice Winchester 300 ultra mag.

All in all it was a good day at the range. We left around 14:30. I had my pistol as well but the pistol range was crowded too so we decided just to call it a day.
 #92314  by Kuntryboy816

myopicvisionary wrote:1917 Enfield, nice!
Yes, yes it was! I don't know if he'd had a trigger job done or if the 1917's were just manufactured with a very light trigger from the factory. I barely brushed that trigger to make it fire but I liked it a lot. Maybe it was just me being used to the 12ish or so pounds of pull on my Mosin that made it feel so light. I didn't know anything about them as I'm just breaking the surface of older military firearms. He kept saying it was a 1917 and I kept saying, "What's that again?" :lol:

Oh and I looked up the Keltec online... it's called an RFB... I was close. Crazy looking but I bet it's fun to shoot. Also, everyone down there with the exception of me and pop and the guy to our left were all, and I mean ALL, almost exclusively shooting some version of an AR. Hope they had their receipts in their pockets! :troll: