Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #92435  by soundman2345

Expecting delivery of my .22 conversion kit tomorrow. Can't wait to hit Targetmaster Friday morning to work it out! :pbjtime:
 #92494  by soundman2345

Load 10, shoot 10, load 10 more, shoot 10, and so on. What a pain it is to have only 1 magazine :banghead: Anyway gave the kit a good workout. It hates Winchester but loves Remington Goldens, both hp and solids. I was very pleased with the accuracy and I can't wait until the frame and extra mags get here. :pbjtime:
 #92703  by soundman2345

I've come to the conclusion that since I'm retired, the best time to go to Targetmaster is any time during the week. Definitely not on Saturday! :banghead:
 #92706  by chrisleduc1

soundman2345 wrote:I've come to the conclusion that since I'm retired, the best time to go to Targetmaster is any time during the week. Definitely not on Saturday! :banghead:

My (1) experience there taught me that the best time to go there is NEVER. Gouging people and treating them like crap is not something I'm interesting in supporting...
 #92718  by WVisHome

chrisleduc1 wrote:
My (1) experience there taught me that the best time to go there is NEVER. Gouging people and treating them like crap is not something I'm interesting in supporting...

Gouging? :?:

I've bought .40 from them at $15/50...I think that's a fair price, no?
 #92750  by chrisleduc1

WVisHome wrote:
chrisleduc1 wrote:

I brought a friend in to shoot an AR and they were requiring that you buy they're ammo which was extremely expensive. I don't remember how much, but it was insane. I was disgusted but hey, its their business, they can charge what they want. I just won't go back.
 #92751  by Mr.Skellington

chrisleduc1 wrote:
WVisHome wrote:
chrisleduc1 wrote:

I brought a friend in to shoot an AR and they were requiring that you buy they're ammo which was extremely expensive. I don't remember how much, but it was insane. I was disgusted but hey, its their business, they can charge what they want. I just won't go back.
That wouldn't be because the only allowed .223 rounds to use there are frangible rounds which usually cost more than FMJ would it?

They do however exploit an angle to sell their ammo. I was denied use of a bulk box of WWB, the kind with the rounds loosely poured in. The reason I was given was "Because those are only sold at Wal-Mart and big box stores we can't compete with on price". So in my experience their range is only there to dangle as bait in order to sell 'their' ammo and obscenely priced yearly memberships.
 #92875  by chrisleduc1

Mr.Skellington wrote: That wouldn't be because the only allowed .223 rounds to use there are frangible rounds which usually cost more than FMJ would it?
Their reason could be anything they choose to make up, it's their business and their rules. All I know is that you are required to purchase ammo from them. I have frang rounds however, I could ONLY use theirs no matter what I had. They're gouging people, plain and simple. Again, it's their business and they can run it any way they see fit, as far as I am concerned. I have my own business and I run it the way I see fit. However, I will call a spade a spade. Whether or not someone has the right to their spade is not the issue. Again, as I business owner myself, I have absolutely no problem with people running a business to make a profit. But when you are raping people to squeeze them for every cent you can get out of them, that's called greed, and it's disgusting. They say money is a great servant but a cruel master and this is a prime example of how people are treated by someone who is mastered by money instead of mastering it.
 #92960  by SCUBA9097

Mr.Skellington wrote:
I was denied use of a bulk box of WWB, the kind with the rounds loosely poured in. The reason I was given was "Because those are only sold at Wal-Mart and big box stores we can't compete with on price". So in my experience their range is only there to dangle as bait in order to sell 'their' ammo and obscenely priced yearly memberships.
How long ago was this? I had spoken with them a few years back and gotten them to overturn their decision on allowing WWB. Did they recently switch back to not allowing it?
 #92962  by soundman2345

This is Targetmaster's ammo policy from their website:
Range Ammo Policy

Targetmaster offers a great supply of range ammo, across the board, and we pride ourselves on always having it in stock. As a result of extremely large volume, our ammo prices are discounted. We do allow patrons to bring their own ammo to use in the range, but ammunition must be purchased from Targetmaster for use in our rental guns.

Ammo Allowed

Handguns: all calibers are welcome

Shotgun: ONLY Buckshot or Slugs

Rifles: up to 2300 fps (i.e. .22, .22 mag., .30-30win., 35rem., 30 carbine, .45-70gov., etc.)

.223 is allowed as well but must be purchased at Targetmaster at the time you are coming in to shoot and is only sold in 20rd. box quantities. You may not bring any outside .223 in to shoot even if it was purchased from Targetmaster at an earlier date.

Ammo Restricted

CCI Blazer or other aluminum cased ammo

Fully exposed lead bullets except for .22lr or calibers that are not offered in a jacketed bullet (i.e. 45colt, 44 special, 38 s&w, etc.)

Steel cased or steel core ammo (i.e. Wolf, Silver Bear, etc.)

I have never had any of my own ammo rejected, whether it was Federal, Winchester, Freedom Munitions, Remington, or CCI Blazer Brass. I don't have a problem with them requiring their own ammo in their rental guns.