Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #97003  by Surface Dragon

So, I just got back from my first trip to Shooter's Choice in Dover, DE.

I had a wonderful time but it was slightly more expensive than the ranges I visited in California.(and I had to check my firearm at the counter which I thought was completly unnecessary)

They had a large selection of many things that I enjoy and it was very easy to get to from where I live.

It only took a few minutes to fill out some basic saftey/liability/id forms on a computer.

The staff was kind and very helpful.(they were a bit more edgy than what I'm use to but they were not rude or unkind)

And I had a really wonderful experience talking to a very nice person on the range who uses a Glock 19 for their EDC firearm too.

I'm sure that I will be visiting Shooter's Choice again in the near future.

Thank You Shooter's Choice!
 #97331  by Surface Dragon

I just got back from a trip to Shooter's Choice.

Had a pleasant experience with the employees. They were very friendly, helpful, and even showed interest in my Desolation Wilderness day pass/permit that's attached to my backpack.

I also had a horrible experience with Fiocchi 9mm 115gr FMJ ammo. I've seriously never had so many failures to feed in my life. There was also a few times when the primer was struck but failed to ignite. And that scares the hell out of me because I have to point down range for at least 30 seconds not knowing if or when it will fire then if it doesn't go off I have to manually eject and reload a round into the mag that might potentially explode at any time. That being said I blame myself for buying cheap ammo.

My shooting wasn't terrible but I definitely could have done better. I suppose I should have eaten something before I went because all I had to eat today was half of a snickers bar and some root beer.

I also made myself feel like an idiot because I had to ask where lane 3 was when I should have seen the large obvious numbers painted on the ground.

Lessons learned -

Never buy cheap ammo - it may negatively affect your firearms ability to work properly in tern causing severe and utter frustration/anguish.

And Never shoot on an empty stomach - it may negatively affect your ability to shoot and/or notice large obvious numbers in tern causing poor shot placement and awkward social situations.

I will be visiting Shooter's Choice again in the near future.

Thank You Shooter's Choice!