Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #100417  by Kuntryboy816

A buddy and I will probably be hitting up Ommelanden tonight around 6ish. Everyone is welcome to join us. The more the merrier!! :D
 #100418  by 9mmjohn

I had planned on going tonight as well. it'll be my first time shooting my new S&W. Ill probably get there around 6 as well
 #100419  by 9mmjohn

DOUBLE POST.

Help me out. Is there anything special I need to know. Like no OC or gun and ammo have to be separate? I have never been there before so..make way for the noob
 #100420  by Owen

9mmjohn wrote:DOUBLE POST.

Help me out. Is there anything special I need to know. Like no OC or gun and ammo have to be separate? I have never been there before so..make way for the noob
They say you can't OC in the buildings and range. I've disarmed in the parking lot before going in to pay before. Now I disarm on the side of the road before going on the property. For ammo they will want to see what you are shooting to check that it's not steel projectiles but it can be in the bag.

I'd love to go but I work late today. :( Plus I was at the range three times last week so I need to put in some father/husband time at home. :D
 #100421  by astro_wanabe

9mmjohn wrote:DOUBLE POST.

There's a separate "range office" building that you need to stop at to pay before going to the range itself. Just follow the road in until the end, it's the building on your right. They don't allow guns in that office, so keep them in your car until you get to the actual ranges. Firearms also need to be cased when entering the pistol/rifle range. There's a large sign with the range-specific rules just before you enter each range, whether it's rifle/pistol, shotgun, etc. IIRC, they don't allow drawing from the hip, and since the gun has to be cased anyways, I usually just disarm & case my carry gun when I first get out of my vehicle to go pay. Also no steel-core projectiles on the rifle/pistol range (they'll test the ammo with a magnet if they have any doubts).

For rifle/pistol they provide the cardboard backer, but you must supply your own paper targets (they may have some available for purchase but I always just bring my own, same with eye/ear pro). Targets can not have any human features - no silhouette targets, no pictures of people, no zombies. Animals and inanimate objects are fine.
 #100422  by soundman2345

Bring your own tape for attaching targets.
 #100425  by Piazza

The sign says max load of 10 rounds in a magazine at a time but RO never checked mine while there.
 #100426  by Kuntryboy816

Sorry I missed y'all. Life decided that I stay home with a sick kid.
 #100430  by Dugan

Piazza wrote:The sign says max load of 10 rounds in a magazine at a time but RO never checked mine while there.

I always load to 17, I should prob stop because the ammo goes so damn fast compared to my gfs shield hahaha.