Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.

Good S/D pistol 4 ladies?

1. Glock 42
11%
2. Glock 19
11%
3. Glock 26
17%
4. Ruger LCP
11%
5. Beretta Nano
11%
6. Beretta PX4
6%
7. S&W MP9
17%
8. S&W Bodyguard (SA)
No votes
0%
9. S&W Shield (9)
17%
10. Hi Point off a corner in Wilmington
No votes
0%
 #100862  by Kuntryboy816

Taking the wife up north to celebrate our anniversary. First we'll be having dinner and then off to TM to work off dinner! Hopefully we'll find a nice pistol that is comfortable in her hand and she likes shooting... probably a .380 or 9.

I'll be picking the brains of the shopkeepers to see what they suggest for her smaller hands but I also want to see if y'all have any suggestions. She can handle my FN and M&P pretty well but she can't get a good wrap on the grip even with the smallest backstrap on the M&P. We'll probably be there around 7ish tonight so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Oh yeah... <$500 would be great!

Viper...keep that phone handy! We'll be giving ya a call real soon! :mrgreen:
 #100863  by Kuntryboy816

The poll options are in no way listed by my preference. I just copied them off the notes and research I've been doing.
 #100864  by soundman2345

Targetmaster does have a Glock 42 available for rental. Mine was $399 from Viper. Enjoy your dinner and have fun. :pbjtime:
 #100865  by Piazza

Many have suggested the ruger SR9 when I was asking the same question for my girlfriend on XD forum. I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet and am very curious is they have it at targetmaster. Good luck and have a nice night
 #100870  by viper98

maybe stick to a single stack

m&p shield
xds
sig p238 or 938
glock 42
bersa
 #100876  by MrCoolDale

If you want to stick to sub-compacts, I suggest the Sig Sauer 238 (.380) or 938 (9mm). If you're willing to go with something a little bigger, I can't say enough good things about the H&K P2000sk. However, my wife prefers the Beretta PX4 Storm (full size) in 9mm.

I know you didn't say it, I'm not accusing you of any kind of sexism here. Just because the gun is for a girl doesn't mean it needs to be small or light. Let her handle every single pistol in the room.
 #100877  by NCC

I often carry the Beretta Nano as a BUG. My daughter enjoys shooting it as well.
 #100883  by brich2929

I love my LCP and the wife does too.
 #100885  by Kuntryboy816

And this is why I can no longer piss off the wife! Lol, this is only the second time she's shot a pistol! She handled the LCP, Nano, LC9, Shield and G26. She chose to shoot the Shield and the LC9. She was all over with the Ruger but when she aimed that Shield I swear I saw a light from heaven and heard angels sing! Lol... she really liked it a lot but she wants to shoot the others before she makes a final decision.

#100886  by littlephilly

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Taking the wife up north to celebrate our anniversary. First we'll be having dinner and then off to TM to work off dinner! Hopefully we'll find a nice pistol that is comfortable in her hand and she likes shooting... probably a .380 or 9.

I'll be picking the brains of the shopkeepers to see what they suggest for her smaller hands but I also want to see if y'all have any suggestions. She can handle my FN and M&P pretty well but she can't get a good wrap on the grip even with the smallest backstrap on the M&P. We'll probably be there around 7ish tonight so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Oh yeah... <$500 would be great!

Viper...keep that phone handy! We'll be giving ya a call real soon! :mrgreen:
Hello

As you know I cant post on the forum. First I have that beretta px4 storm for sale if she like that. I do have a compact and fullsize. Joe might want to keep the ruger unless he gets top dollar for it.

I personally like the ruger sr9, glock 19, Springfield xd and xdm. and 38 specials.

Hope that helps. Thanks again for going to bat for Joe over the Bjs incident. More than a few people called and contacted him over that.

Bye the way can he hitch rides to the prepping meetings with you.

Congrats.