Because we enjoy good company and good food.

How many?

50%
50%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
5+
No votes
0%
 #103598  by dave_in_delaware

Here we go again. Time to start planning February's meeting.

Poll is up for the date, with only two weeks to vote. Re-voting enabled.

And please make some suggestions for a restaurant.
 #103667  by JägerMatthias

Can I make a suggestion?

I've been to this place once before, maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Good seafood, and nice outdoor seating areas by the riverfront too (even though that does us little good in February). Anybody else been here?

Joe's Crab Shack
600 Justison Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
 #103669  by Kuntryboy816

I've never been to Joe's but I've heard nothing but great reviews.

1. El Tapatio
2. Fudruckers
3. Mazzelas(?)
 #103675  by Kuntryboy816

ptlion wrote:Isnt' FuddRuckers anti?
If they are, I haven't heard about it. I don't pay it any mind until they actually say something to me about it. Only one way to find out, I guess.
:troll:

At that point, I'll let them know that Border Cafe is right across the road and I'd prefer their food anyways! :D You going to be able to make this one?
 #103706  by mdak06

FYI, what's below is from an old article about Fuddruckers and their anti-gun policy (April 2010):
Earlier this month, Fuddruckers managers in some locations informed their patrons carrying visible pistols that—unless they were police — they’d have to leave.

(snip)

Dwayne Chambers, senior vice president of marketing and brand development for Fuddruckers parent Magic Brands LLC told the Law Blog that there had always been a no-weapons policy at the company, which operates about 60 Fuddruckers locations in about 10 states, as well as 13 Koo Koo Roo restaurants in California. That just “wasn’t communicated openly,” he said. “We’ve chosen to make sure the policy is communicated in a uniform way.”

(snip)

But some gun-toters who didn’t want to give up Fuddruckers figured out a way to have their fries and their pistols too—they confirmed with the corporate office that its no-weapons policy doesn’t apply to the 135-franchisee owned Fuddruckers around the country. The franchisees are free to set their own policies.
So ... I guess it depends on whether or not it's a franchise or company-owned store, and if it's a franchise what policy they've chosen to follow.
 #103770  by Boots

I'll suggest both Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet in Peoples Plaza, and Applebee's in Middletown for the location poll.
 #103786  by dave_in_delaware

It was a close one, but we have a winner:

Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Time: 6:30pm until ?

Location poll is up. Vote for wherever sounds good to you.
 #103787  by myopicvisionary

If I remember correctly, the last time we gathered at Applebee's in Middletown did not turn out well.
 #103796  by Boots

myopicvisionary wrote:If I remember correctly, the last time we gathered at Applebee's in Middletown did not turn out well.
:?: :?: :?: As I recall it turned out fine.