Because we enjoy good company and good food.

Meeting Date

Monday the 11th
100%
Tuesday the 12th
No votes
0%
Wednesday the 13th
No votes
0%
Thursday the 14th
No votes
0%
 #104563  by Boots

The April upstate meeting is tonight, 4/20, and also this Thursday, 4/23.

Both meetings are at Applebees in Middletown, which is more convenient to LSD than most of the NCC meetings are. So try to join us tonight, or on Thursday, or even better, both nights! :)
 #104784  by Kuntryboy816

Crimanitly Trigger! Am I the only one who voted?? Is everyone just that busy or has interest in the meetings vanished??
 #104787  by SasquatchAF

Kuntryboy,

I usually dont vote because of my job and constantly changing work schedules and my position makes consistency hard to come by at work. I personally enjoy going to the meetings but its usually the same small crowd. It would be nice to get a turnout like up north every month and have more people involved down this way
 #104788  by Surface Dragon

I'm interested but I don't vote because my schedule is constantly changing.

I play volleyball with Mormons on Monday nights (I'm not Mormon I just have Mormon friends) and I play the blues @ Johnathan's landing on Thursday nights.

I should be able to make it out on the 11th instead of going out to play volleyball.

As for location suggestions - Texas Roadhouse in Camden is good but we've been there a few times. Places in Dover are ok with me but might be problematic for those without their letter from the Dover PD Chief. And I'd have to do more research but I doubt there is any place with live music on a Monday night. If you really want people to notice OC then I would suggest 33West in Dover but too much exposure might not be a good thing.
 #104795  by Kuntryboy816

I'm in NCC but I feel like I'm horning in on the southern meetings when nobody else "seemed" interested. I understand about work schedules changing but I feel like the southern people should decide when/where and (as I'm from the northern area) I should just show up to attend (if possible). I'd be fine with just sitting around a campfire somewhere, hanging out and chatting. Y'all make it a big fire so I don't get lost trying to find it. :lol:
 #104797  by dave_in_delaware

Kuntryboy816 wrote:I'm in NCC but I feel like I'm horning in on the southern meetings when nobody else "seemed" interested.... I feel like the southern people should decide when/where and I should just show up to attend (if possible)...
That's the way this works. Downstate meeting gets figured out and posted, anyone can attend. Same with the northern meeting. It gets figured out and posted, anyone can attend. Doesn't matter if you're from NCC or lower DE.
 #104798  by Kuntryboy816

I understand and please don't get me wrong, it's not that I feel out of place or unwelcomed at any of the meetings! I really do enjoy spending time w/ the downstate group (when I'm able) and don't mind making the drive down to them. I just feel a little out of bounds when I throw in my $.02 about the southern meeting when I'm from up here... being the only vote for this month kind of accentuated that. I just see it as.. the downstate meetings should be decided upon by those from that area so that they can try and allow the most participation as possible from those in that area. Even with that in mind, it seems like the initial interest that garnered the split for the downstate meetings has fizzled out. Like Sasquatch and Dragon stated, it's down to a small core group and even then not everyone can attend due to work/life schedules which is completely understandable.

It's just hard to see the effort that you and Sodbuster put into arranging the meetings and then see little to no response both online here and attendance-wise. Just from my observation, it seems like the fire's fading fast and I'd hate to see them flitter out to nothing.
 #104827  by Sodbuster

I will admit the apparent dwindling interest has been disappointing. Not sure what can be done to improve attendance.

Anyway,we still need to decide where to go on Monday. What is everyone in the mood for, Mexican, Chinese, Italian.....? I'll give it a couple more days and then make a decision.