Because we enjoy good company and good food.

When?

Mon, Oct 19
8%
Tue, Oct 20
38%
Wed, Oct 21
15%
Thu, Oct22
38%
 #106115  by dave_in_delaware

Time to start planning the next one.

It was suggested that we go to The Dove Diner (aka Golden Dove Restaurant). I know the last time we were there, the owner came out and thanked us for coming and "protecting" the restaurant. She said to come back anytime. So at least they're pro-gun.

Shall we make October's location The Dove Diner?
 #106131  by GatorDude

Rifkan wrote:High risk of disease or crime?
That was from the Dept of Health in connection with restaurant inspections. Not sure what the current grade is, but I know you can look it up.
 #106150  by Kuntryboy816

If you want to know the risk factor in regards to crime, ask Dugan... he practically lives behind there. As far as food goes, I've never patronized the place due to others I know not having any good experiences there in both the food and hospitality of the place.
 #106155  by dave_in_delaware

According to DHSS records, it looks like whatever infractions they had recently (a year ago) were corrected on site at the time:

Followup 05/12/2014 None
Routine 09/08/2014 3-501.19 /Yes, 4-703.11 /Yes
Followup 09/16/2014 None
Routine 01/20/2015 None

Although from the comments it sounds to me like the Dove Diner is a no-go regardless. (Ironically, Joe's Crab Shack didn't do so well during their last inspection back in February yet they keep getting suggested, but I digress....)

So... other suggestions?
 #106162  by Mirlen

I had stomach sickness issues the night/day after Joes Crabshack so I'm hesitant to recommend them. What about Fudruckers?
 #106169  by Boots

Amy Blackthorn wrote:Would be nice to not have to depend waitresses.
"Depend waitresses," or "depend on waitresses"?
;)