Because we enjoy good company and good food.

When?

Mon, Nov, 16
19%
Tue, Nov, 17
38%
Wed, Nov, 18
25%
Thu, Nov, 19
19%
 #106607  by dave_in_delaware

Sorry to report that I'll be staying home with the sick wife.
Kuntryboy816 wrote:I'm here too and they have no clue were coming...
The meeting attendance numbers have been low lately, so I didn't bother calling for a reservation.
 #106608  by Boots

dave_in_delaware wrote:The meeting attendance numbers have been low lately, so I didn't bother calling for a reservation.
That's because you aren't taking care of business regarding the meeting polls. Yesterday when I checked the site there was no poll for the location and no decision was seen in the thread, so I gave up and made other plans. If you're so disinterested, why don't you ask for a volunteer to take over the meeting polls?

DELOC meetings are dying. Perhaps it's time to make some changes before it's totally gone.
 #106609  by dave_in_delaware

Boots wrote:That's because you aren't taking care of business regarding the meeting polls.
How's that? I make a poll for the date, and the date is decided. Then I either make a poll for the location, or just pick one. Or are you talking about head count polls? Which, by the way, isn't accurate since some people who do vote change their minds, or people who don't vote show up anyway.
Boots wrote:Yesterday when I checked the site there was no poll for the location and no decision was seen in the thread, so I gave up and made other plans.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I posted the location back on FRIDAY at 2:30pm. No poll was needed. The location sparked the discussion about BWW prohibiting carry, which I addressed.
Boots wrote:If you're so disinterested, why don't you ask for a volunteer to take over the meeting polls?
There's no "disinterest" on my part. Obviously I'm not doing things perfectly for you, and haven't been for a few months now. Can't please everyone I guess.
Boots wrote:DELOC meetings are dying. Perhaps it's time to make some changes before it's totally gone.
Like what? Start planning meetings 6 months in advance? Run polls for 2 months ahead of the meeting dates? Or be more diligent on head count polls (even though they're not accurate)? Or something else?
 #106610  by Kuntryboy816

I had to read back through the thread yesterday morning in order to figure out where we were going to meet. I'm not sure if I just missed it the first time or whatnot.

As for BWW, they do not take call ahead "reservations" per se' but we can still call them and inform them ahead of time if we have a sizeable group. The hostesses we asking how many and I told them it could be anywhere between 2-20ish. It's never easy to determine how many people may show up or not which is the point Dave has with the "# attending" poll. They weren't at all worried and were very accommodating.

They sat us at what they call "The Surfboard" (hightop table next to the bar.. I think it seats 12) which was in anticipation of anyone else joining later on. It worked out pretty well as Bullboykennels and I were the first 2 there. We got seated and a few moments later the Sodbusters arrived. We were also joined by cmath and another gentleman (who's name escapes me yet again but he's not on the forum... Rob, maybe?). It was a fun night, good food (wing night!!) and good conversation. The only complaint was the volume of the music and TVs made it a little difficult to hear...at least where we were sitting. Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out and hang out with us! Bullboykennels, it was great meeting you sir. Have a safe trip up to NY and hope to see ya at next month's meeting. :)
 #106611  by Boots

dave_in_delaware wrote:
Boots wrote:Yesterday when I checked the site there was no poll for the location and no decision was seen in the thread, so I gave up and made other plans.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I posted the location back on FRIDAY at 2:30pm. No poll was needed. The location sparked the discussion about BWW prohibiting carry, which I addressed.
I see that now on the bottom of page one; obviously I missed it. But notice my post on Saturday evening near the top of page two regarding a request for a 'where' poll; that's what I expected to see. After that was a discussion regarding carry in BWW which I didn't follow. Executive decisions are okay, especially when there is a tie in the date or location, for example, but at least I expected to see a normal choice for where we meet.

I admit I didn't read every post, I was just interested in where the meeting was going to be so I just opened the thread and looked where I could normally find the info... at the top in a poll.

I understand the occasional need for an executive decision, but not having enough time to run a poll is not one of them. Also, there used to be a 'number attending' poll after the location was selected. In the future it would be appreciated to have the polls run early enough and on a more planned schedule. IMHO, it would be nice to have the date and place decided at least one week in advance.
 #106614  by dave_in_delaware

Boots wrote:I see that now on the bottom of page one; obviously I missed it. But notice my post on Saturday evening near the top of page two regarding a request for a 'where' poll; that's what I expected to see... so I just opened the thread and looked where I could normally find the info... at the top in a poll.
I saw your post on Saturday, but a "where" poll wasn't needed so I didn't make one. Sorry that's where you are used to looking for the decision, but I always try to put the meeting info inside the thread somewhere so everyone can find it.
Boots wrote:I understand the occasional need for an executive decision, but not having enough time to run a poll is not one of them.
Not sure why you think I made an executive decision because there wasn't enough time for a poll. One person made some suggestions, another said they all sounded good, and a third mentioned BWW sounded good. So that's why BWW was chosen. Wasn't really an executive decision on my part - I was just going with what the majority (who posted opinions) wanted.

Now, that's not to say that I won't make an executive decision if, say, no one makes any suggestions....
Boots wrote:Also, there used to be a 'number attending' poll after the location was selected. In the future it would be appreciated to have the polls run early enough and on a more planned schedule. IMHO, it would be nice to have the date and place decided at least one week in advance.
I do try my best to have the meetings planned ahead of time, and get the necessary polls up within a good time frame, but sometimes my "schedule" doesn't allow it (OT at work, working a second job, coming home to find out there's no internet, being sick, etc.). It all messes with the schedule. So my apologies if my timing of polls isn't perfect. I do try my best.
 #106615  by dave_in_delaware

BULLBOYKENNELS wrote:It was really good meeting ya's had a good time for sure.
I'm glad some people made it out last night and y'all had a good time.
 #106617  by GatorDude

Although I was not able to attend the meeting, I certainly knew exactly where and when it was to occur based on the discussion in the thread.