Because we enjoy good company and good food.

How many?

43%
57%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
5+
No votes
0%
 #107299  by astro_wanabe

Boots wrote:
GatorDude wrote:Oh...I see....some of the people here know...but others are kept in the dark, huh? WTF! LMAO
Must have been a private conversation. I was at the last meeting and don't remember hearing anything about this restaurant. :(
It was a brief discussion while those of us who were last to leave were standing around out front of Famous Dave's. The restaurant that contacted Dave is some seafood place, downstate IIRC. Congrats, you now know everything I remember :) He just briefly mentioned it, you're not being kept in the dark on anything.
 #107300  by dtm87h

So when & where is it? I've been trying to make a meeting but work keeps happening lol. :toilet:
 #107302  by GatorDude

astro_wanabe wrote:
Boots wrote:
GatorDude wrote:Oh...I see....some of the people here know...but others are kept in the dark, huh? WTF! LMAO
Must have been a private conversation. I was at the last meeting and don't remember hearing anything about this restaurant. :(
It was a brief discussion while those of us who were last to leave were standing around out front of Famous Dave's. The restaurant that contacted Dave is some seafood place, downstate IIRC. Congrats, you now know everything I remember :) He just briefly mentioned it, you're not being kept in the dark on anything.
I hope you didn't think I was serious..... :banghead: :kuku:
 #107305  by dave_in_delaware

My apologies to everyone about this month's meeting planning. I've been waiting to announce the name of the owner and her restaurant AFTER she and I hashed out a date that would suit her best to host our group, and after she and I both had a few of our own questions answered.

Time line:
1/16: Restaurant owner used contact form on DELOC website requesting we visit her business
1/18: Wynder forwards contact info to me, I email owner using the email address she provided
2/2: Not hearing anything back, I send an email to her contact address on her website (different from above)
2/8: Still have not heard anything, from either email address.

Obviously, I expected her to reply a while ago via email, from at least one of the email addresses she provided. Sure, she's probably busy running a restaurant, but I would think she'd check her emails or website comments, especially since she contacted us....

So, I will attempt to contact her tomorrow via telephone during my lunch break at work. Hopefully we can plan a meeting for later this month. I'll let everyone know as soon as I hash out details (assuming I can actually speak with her).

Thank you for your patience.
 #107311  by dave_in_delaware

Update:

SO, I finally spoke with the owner of the restaurant via telephone today. She's very enthusiastic about carrying a firearm for self defense and wants to promote her business as pro-carry. Which is why she contacted us and invited us to hold a meeting there. She had a few questions which I gladly answered. It was a very nice conversation and she's excited to host us for a meeting. She mentioned specials for our group and that she has a lunch and dinner menu available all day for us to choose from...

I told her that we would try to plan a meeting for the end of this month (22nd, 23rd, or 25th), so I've updated this thread to run a poll. Hopefully this isn't too short of notice. Please pick the date(s) that work for you. She has an event on Wednesday so that's why it isn't included.

The name and address of her restaurant is:

Kathy's Crab House
107 Fifth Street
Delaware City, DE

You can see the menu through this Website link
 #107312  by Kuntryboy816

Grrrr...! I will be .ore than likely packing for a trip to OH so making this meeting will be a last min decision.
 #107313  by Mirlen

Darn, was curious to try out the mystery place but alas Mickey invited us down for a visit.
 #107323  by josephjanes

I'm sure we'll all make an effort to patronize Kathy's Crab House !! Even if not for a meeting. I still choose Crossroads Rest. whenever I'm on Kirkwood Hwy.
Thanks for getting back to group and letting us know.