Because we enjoy good company and good food.

How many?

No votes
0%
100%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
5+
No votes
0%
 #108618  by dave_in_delaware

If anyone would like to host a meeting/gathering for September, let me know ASAP. The weather should still be nice enough to do something outdoors....

In the meantime, in case no one volunteers, let's hear some suggestions for a restaurant location.
 #108623  by scrovak

I'd offer, but I'm unsure the size of these meetings, and I have but a three bedroom apartment with no outdoor access. I don't know about locations, but I'm partial to steak or good barbecue.
 #108624  by Kuntryboy816

That's kind of my affliction... no real space to host people at my place.

Local parks might be okay depending upon which park it is. I'm sure that there'd always be some anti-2A person around calling the police about all the sinister, scary looking people with guns making them uncomfortable and scared. :roll:

State parks such as Lums are still a no go legally.
 #108713  by dave_in_delaware

Poll has been added for a date. Please vote for the date(s) that you could make it. Poll runs for a week.

There was one suggestion: "steak or good barbecue" ... so, can anyone elaborate on a location for such things?
Kuntryboy816 wrote:Local parks might be okay depending upon which park it is. I'm sure that there'd always be some anti-2A person around calling the police about all the sinister, scary looking people with guns making them uncomfortable and scared.
I'm not worried about having the police called on one of our meetings. Happened once, was a non-issue.... More importantly, unless we'd be willing to set up in a random "nice spot" in a park, if we'd rent a pavilion they usually run at least $100.
 #108749  by Boots

I'll now add my vote for Tuesday, 9/27.
 #108750  by dave_in_delaware

Very well then.

Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Time: 6:30pm until ?

So, where for "steak or good BBQ"?
 #108755  by Boots

Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet in Peoples Plaza
Famous Dave's BBQ near Christiana, or
Texas Roadhouse on U.S. 40.
 #108756  by Twitchn1911

Texas Roadhouse is noisy and it's hard to have a conservation there, just reminding you. Not sure if we can make it, it all depends on my work schedule.
 #108757  by Kuntryboy816

There's also Longhorn Steakhouse on Rt. 40 but they are a bit pricey for a run of the mill steakhouse. It is quiet there though. I was just there Wednesday for my cousin's b-day. I was also OC and not a word or whisper was heard about it.

There's also Bugaboo Creek by the hospital.
 #108758  by Boots

Twitchn1911 wrote:Texas Roadhouse is noisy and it's hard to have a conservation there, just reminding you.
Good point. I was just thinking about the food. ;)