Because we enjoy good company and good food.

How many?

50%
33%
No votes
0%
17%
5+
No votes
0%
 #109088  by dave_in_delaware

They don't take reservations, but I called ahead to alert them of a group of maybe 13 or so arriving for 6:30. Under the name "David."
 #109095  by josephjanes

Soon after arriving, I was approached by manager, Miles(whom I had never seen before)and was told they did not allow pistols in restaurant. I told him I had been in on several previous occasions, with no problems, and approval of manager on duty. I told him I was being joined by several others who would be OC'ing. 'If this is a problem, tell me now, and we will select another restaurant'. He said no, we were welcome to stay. So, handled calmly, coolly, civilly. Soon after, manager Lorraine, whom I had chatted with on several previous occasions, stopped by our table, and spent a few minutes talking.
So, FYI, Old Country Buffet may be changing it's policy, but I'll still frequent them, as I've always gotten positive feedback from staff and customers, and it's only a mile from my house.
 #109098  by dave_in_delaware

So, according to the first manager, "they don't allow pistols in the restaurant." But you all were welcomed to stay after you said you'd leave?

That makes no sense. At all.
 #109100  by astro_wanabe

3 of the 6 attendees were from Students for the 2nd Amendment, a student group at UD. It was nice to meet them and let them see the freedom that is OC in person. They are working to build support on campus and in the community for CC on campus, either enacted through the administration or via legislation, and are networking with other pro-2A groups in the state to work on that. I am hopeful we will see their presence at future meetings as well.
 #109103  by Boots

I have OCd every time I've been to that restaurant with never a problem. As a matter of fact, I usually have seen others there also OCing!

I think it's most likely just one person's private opinion being expressed.
 #109104  by dave_in_delaware

Probably. Or it's someone assuming company policy for employees is also the same for patrons.
 #109105  by josephjanes

Maybe I should have said 'changing it's practice' , rather than 'changing it's policy'. I don't know their 'policy', either past or present, only it's practice i.e. that I have been warmly accepted in the past, OC'ing my pistol. And yes, manager Miles may be conflating employee policy with customer policy. As long as they don't ask me to leave, I don't care !!