Because we enjoy good company and good food.

How many?

67%
33%
No votes
0%
4 or more
No votes
0%
 #110342  by dave_in_delaware

Well, once again we have to cancel coming down there. Something always seems to come up.

I called them and they do not take reservations. A group under ten people shouldn't be an issue.

Please let me know how gun friendly they are. Enjoy your gathering.
 #110344  by Kuntryboy816

Well, it ended up only being myself and Joe that showed up last night but it was still a good time. When I arrived, I asked for a reservation for Dave and the hostess informed me that they had not seated a party and they don't take call aheads. So I put my name in and told them 6 people gauging from responses to this thread. The hostess said it would be a 30-40 min wait and it was pretty busy there. I struck up a convo with one of the other patrons there and we talked about the old Bugaboo and how things in Delaware seem to unfortunately change in a flash these days. A few mins later, Joe walked in and I informed him of what was going on. The lobby area was getting pretty busy so Joe and I stepped outside while we waited. I called my buddy Kyle to see if he was coming to the meet, sent a text to Dave (I hadn't seen his post here) and made some brief small talk with a lady who was also waiting for her party to be seated. As we all conversed, the hostess called out several times for 2 other parties who didn't respond and then we were seated (10 min wait time total).

They have a LOT of staff there currently and they were all super friendly! They only opened 3 weeks ago so they are overstaffed to make sure the service and reputation isn't slighted during their initial opening. Our waitress, Vanessa, told us that each server only had 3 tables to wait upon so that made for a good amount of time to chat with her patrons. Vanessa was amazing and very personable. During our time there, we had Vanessa, a server training coach up from FL, a couple of other waitresses and a manager all stop by our table to not just check in on us but mostly to just introduce themselves, say hi and chat. Joe must have some gravitational charisma that just draws people to him! :D

All in all, it was an excellent recon into a new venue! I only saw one lady patron do a double take of my pistol while I was checking in and I believe I espied her whispering some concern to her male company but he seemed unconcerned. On the other hand, the staff there were not concerned at all! The manager/coordinator who was helping the hostesses glanced down at my hip once but in the same fluid motion he just continued to do his job w/o any concern for the scary firearm in his midst. All of the other patrons around us were either oblivious or completely apathetic to a couple of armed guys hanging out, eating their meals. The food and service were excellent, food portions very generous and priced well and my steak was cooked perfectly the first time. I would definitely recommend this place for future meets.

As a matter of fact, if anyone is interested in hanging out to watch the McGregor vs. Mayweather fight, I will more than likely be heading to Miller's to do so. I did ask if they were hosting a fight night and they were certain they would be airing it although they didn't have details on it yet. I will post up another thread for that event.
 #110345  by Boots

Sorry I missed it, but my Wednesday nights are already booked up.