Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #1572  by Wynder

Lucky number seven!

We'll be having our July gathering in... well, July. :) I know that Stephpd had expressed interest in hosting one at his place during the summer, so we'll see if he's still up for that, if not, we'll put up a poll for a location.
 #1574  by dave_in_delaware

Carmen has offered her house as a meeting location, too.

There will be a gas grill for cooking, and she hopes to have the horseshoe pits in by then (seriously). We don't have a pool though, so her house should be considered a not-so-deathly-hot outside weather option.
 #1709  by stephpd

I'm still up for a pool party. The only weekend I'm off is the weekend after the 4th of July. So that would be the 12th or 13th. The pools ready, we've already been swimming. Wife and kids are invited. Just don't bring pets. My Lab doesn't like dogs. And if you have a fear of dogs don't come. The dogs are big fun, love to play and love people. There just isn't any way to keep them from being active at the party. The cats will be there but they won't be in your face.

I have two picnic tables and other places to sit. I've also got 12 cheap plastic chairs. You can bring a chair if you want

Gas grill. I'll provide burgers, hot dogs, buns and condiments.
Peaches or plums should be ready for picking.
Homemade dessert wine for those that want to try something different.

Bring bathing suits and towels.

I also have a handgun safe for anyone that wants to swim.
 #1710  by dave_in_delaware

The 12th or 13th works for me, as I don't have the kids.

The only scheduling conflict I know of for that weekend is the DLEMA shoot that Saturday in Seaford. I'm not sure of anyone else is going to that....

Homemade fermented beverages? I thought I was the only one who made those! Cool. 8-)

Count me in for sure. I'll ask Carmen in a little while.
 #1711  by cappilot06

Hey guys,
If you are ok with it, I'd like to come to the July meeting. I can bring whatever you would like.
 #1712  by dave_in_delaware

cappilot06 wrote:If you are ok with it, I'd like to come to the July meeting
Of course we're OK with it! This is open to all DELOC members!!!
 #1714  by Wynder

cappilot06 wrote:Hey guys,
If you are ok with it, I'd like to come to the July meeting. I can bring whatever you would like.
You coming to the gathering this Saturday?
 #1717  by cappilot06

I wanted to come Saturday, but I have a wedding to attend in Kennet Square. It's outside and the temp is supposed to be 90. Will be sweating my b---s off and wishing I was at the meeting. :oops:

Have the July meeting on the calendar though and will definitely be there.
 #1720  by dave_in_delaware

Wynder wrote:You coming to the gathering this Saturday?
:o THIS Saturday? I thought it was on the 14th.... :oops:

[Warning, thread hijack and detour in progress......]
 #1721  by Wynder

Sorry -- getting my weekends mixed up... Utah class is this Saturday.

Been a long week for me.