Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #3176  by Wynder

Is someone doing a Mac & Cheese? I need to bring something that keeps since my family is doing portraits in Dover in the morning...
 #3182  by dave_in_delaware

stephpd wrote:Dave, you had said that you would be covering desert, right? Chocolate chip cookies? Mmmm! Maybe a cake or another type of cookies. ;)
Alrighty then. Dessert it is.
 #3185  by stephpd

Wynder wrote:Is someone doing a Mac & Cheese? I need to bring something that keeps since my family is doing portraits in Dover in the morning...
LordJim beat you to that one.

:pointlaugh: I have a craving for potato salad!
That usually lasts a few days.
I asked Sprat but with closing being that day it might be tough.
 #3210  by LordJim

Wynder wrote:Is someone doing a Mac & Cheese? I need to bring something that keeps since my family is doing portraits in Dover in the morning...
It's homemade Mac and Cheese, even. Hope everyone is hungry, this recipe makes about 40lbs worth.

-
Jim
 #3214  by stephpd

LordJim wrote:
It's homemade Mac and Cheese, even. Hope everyone is hungry, this recipe makes about 40lbs worth.

-
Jim
Many folks like it!
It's not something I like. Personal issues from when I was a child.
But don't let me stop you from brining it.
40 pounds? And your not bringing a guest?
That sounds like plenty. :)
 #3228  by Mr Jody Hudson

I have a family wedding at noon here in Rehoboth Beach area but would love to come after. I look forward to meeting you folks. I have known Dave and Carmen for quite a while but probably not anyone else.

Jody
 #3232  by stephpd

Mr Jody Hudson wrote:I have a family wedding at noon here in Rehoboth Beach area but would love to come after. I look forward to meeting you folks. I have known Dave and Carmen for quite a while but probably not anyone else.

Jody
Get here when you can. All are welcome. :D
 #3253  by dave_in_delaware

This is sounding like it'll be a DELOC Meeting like never before - and never to forget! :twisted:

Again, thank you stephpd for hosting!!! (and for having a pool).
 #3276  by stephpd

dave_in_delaware wrote:This is sounding like it'll be a DELOC Meeting like never before - and never to forget! :twisted:

Again, thank you stephpd for hosting!!! (and for having a pool).
It may be the largest so far. I haven't done a total yet but it will be around 20-30 people.

Fair warning!!! Temp looks to be around 90 and no chance of rain all day! The pool and most of the seating will be in the sun. For you really white folks I'd suggest SPF 45, bring your own. Don't want everyone getting burnt.

There is one table with an umbrella but the two picnic tables are the exact same ones as found in the city parks. I used them as a template when I worked in that department. Heavy,study and built for abuse.

I talked to Sprat and I'll be having a reloading and casting demo sometime during the day. I didn't want to step on his toes but to show off my new Hornady LNL. Jack will be assisting and able to answer all questions. This demo is to show a different model of press then the one Jack will be using at his party.

And a reminder to all. I have two big dogs. Siberian Husky thats one of the most beautiful Huskies I've ever seen. Very friendly and he will want to lick your face. He also doesn't do any stupid dog tricks except begging for food. Tell him NO or give him some meat, it's up to you. The Lab/Pit mix is the watch dog. She'll probably bark at you when you first come in but will warm up to everyone quickly and want to play ball. She has a bad leg and it hurts her. Hopefully she won't go all OCD and really injure it more. So take it easy on her. She can sit and just catch the ball. The running takes it's toll on her but that's how she shows affection.And she decides who she'll play with, not you.

And the 4 or 6 cats will be around. I don't know what to expect from them. They'll probably stay out of you way but who knows.

I also have a handgun safe in the garage for those that want to swim. It should hold all the guns.

Bring swim wear! I'll be hot and the pool really helps.

Some folks will also be getting here late and that's OK. Party will be going for quite some time. Noise will have to be lowered after 9pm or moved inside.

Looks like fun for all!

Thanks,

Steve