Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #19893  by stephpd

I'm in favor of the deviled eggs. And I'll let others speak up before putting anything on the list. ;)
 #19902  by scampbell3

Just sent you a PM. Victoria and I will be coming to the party. Vic has offered to make potato salad. We will also bring chips, dips, assorted snacks, and some beer/soda.

Chip
 #19917  by John

what would you like me to bring?
 #19920  by stephpd

I'm not one who likes telling others what to do so I'll just give my ideas.Being a summertime, outdoors, event I tend to think of picnics and fresh fruit and vegetables. And meat cooked on a BBQ.

This is an all day event so we'll be needing food and drinks for the better part of the day. 2-3 meals with snacks and finger foods. With that in mind I'll list some of the things that seem to fit into this idea.

Meats- grilled chicken, buffalo wings, hamburgers and hot dogs, roast pork, deli platter

Fresh fruits and vegetables - watermelon, cantaloupes, honeydew melon, peaches, plums, grapes, corn on the cob, ham and string beans, lima beans, peas, potato salad, garden salad, fruit salad, vegetable platter.

drinks- fruit juices, soda, beer, mixed drinks

snacks and deserts- any and all sorts

Some have already offered to bring some of these things but we still need much more. Everyone has something special that they prefer. If you have a good dish and would like to share it with others then speak up. There's got to be something that you feel could be added to the short list I just posted that others would like.

This is a laid back time, not rushed like the restaurant meetings, and time goes by quickly. I'm amazed how quickly midnight approached when just kicking back and socializing. And food and drink make up a good part of this type of event. Whether soft or hard drinks, it's important that there be something to quench the thirst. And food to pick at before and after the main meals are equally important.

I don't expect everyone to stay all day, although everyone is invited to. Feel free to come and go whenever you please. But don't be surprised if you find that you've spent the better part of the day just hanging out around the pool.

Last year several members had to leave for a bit to go home and feed the animals but many came back for a few more hours. If it weren't for me having to work the following Sunday the party may have gone well into the next day. This isn't a problem this year as I'm off this Sunday. It's also why I'm opening the party earlier this year. 12 hours just didn't seem to be enough time.
 #19928  by Jacques

FYI...

I registered our picnic as a participating entity for The AANR World Record Skinny-Dip?
www.AANR.com wrote:

The AANR World Record Skinny-Dip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cool down this summer while setting a hot new record at The AANR World Record Skinny-Dip across North America. The Guinness World Records™ organization has just created a new category for the largest number of people simultaneously skinny-dipping, and the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) is the contract association for this record-setting event.

Skinny-dipping, a wholesome tradition as old as mankind and frequently honored in art and movies, celebrates the natural joy of plunging into water without hindrance of clothing. AANR plans to coordinate skinny-dipping events at participating clubs and legally-sanctioned nude beaches throughout North America on Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 3:00 pm Eastern Nudist Time, as an exciting finale to Nude Recreation Week (July 5-11, 2009).

In conformance with stated rules, all participants to be counted must be completely nude during the Skinny-Dip. First-time skinny-dippers will be welcome, and shyness can be accommodated.

As with all Guinness World Records™ events, all record attempts will be “witnessed” by a designated “member in standing” of the local community.

Those who have a Facebook account can join the community and network with other skinny-dippers by logging in and searching for: AANR-World Record Skinny Dip.

We're shooting for a big, big number and we need your help. So mark your calendars and spread the word. For more information, call the AANR office at 800/TRY-NUDE.

We’re delighted to offer the following Skinny-Dip locations:

For location and contact information, visit the AANR Club Listings pages.

Arizona Wildflowers Arizona
Mira Vista Resort Arizona
Shangri La Ranch Arizona
DeAnza Springs Resort California
Deer Park California
Desert Sun Resort California
Glen Eden Sun Club California
Laguna Del Sol California
Olympian Club California
Sequoians California
Silver Valley Sun Club California
Terra Cotta Inn California
Mountain Air Ranch Colorado
Solair Recreation League Connecticut
Delaware Open Carry Monthly Meeting Delaware
Cypress Cove Florida
Gulf Coast Resort Florida
Hidden River Florida
Lake Como Florida
Northeast Florida Naturists Florida
Paradise Lakes Resort Florida
Pasco AANR Association Florida
Riviera Naturist Resort Florida
Sanibel Naturists Florida
Seminole Health Club Florida
South Florida Free Beaches Florida
Tallahassee Naturally Florida
Riviera Naturist Resort Florida
Bell Acres Resort Georgia
Paradise Valley Georgia
Serendipity Park Georgia
Friends of Little Beach Hawaii
Bare Backers Idaho
Sun Meadow Resort Idaho
Drakes Ridge Indiana
Fern Hills Club Indiana
Sunny Haven Recreation Park Indiana
Sunshower Country Club Indiana
Prairie Haven Kansas
Sandy Lane Club Kansas
LA Pines Louisiana
Sherwood Forest Maine
Berkshire Vista Resort Massachusetts
Sandy Terraces Associates Massachusetts
MARNA Maryland
Maryland Health Society Maryland
Pine Tree Associates Maryland
Forest Hills Club Michigan
GLANTS Michigan
Spruce Hollow Michigan
Turtle Lake Resort Michigan
Avatan Minnesota
Forty Acre Club Missouri
Sandy Bares Mississippi
Las Vegas Bares Nevada
Friends of Gunnison New Jersey
Goodland Country Club New Jersey
Rock Lodge Club New Jersey
Sky Farm New Jersey
Roadrunner Naturists New Mexico
Bonita Nudist Resort New York
Empire Haven New York
Juniper Woods New York
Long Island Travasuns New York
Naturist Rochester New York
North Carolina Naturists North Carolina
Triangle Area Naturists North Carolina
Whispering Pines North Carolina
Cedar Trails Retreat Ohio
Green Valley Ohio
Nature's Hideaway Oklahoma
Oaklake Trails Oklahoma
Glassbar Island Oregon
Hidden Springs Oregon
Mountaindale Sun Resort Oregon
Rogue Suncatchers Oregon
Rooster Sauvie Volunteers Oregon
Sun Rovers Oregon
Willamettans Oregon
Squaw Mountain Ranch Oregon
Pen-Mar Club Pennsylvania
Sunny Rest Resort Pennsylvania
White Thorn Lodge Pennsylvania
Carolina Foothills Resort South Carolina
Cedar Creek Park South Carolina
Colabares South Carolina
Travelites South Carolina
Rock Haven Lodge Tennessee
Armadillo Texas
Bare Necessities Texas
Bexar Recreation Society Texas
Bluebonnet Texas
Chaparral Resort B&B Texas
Emerald Lake Resort Texas
Gulf Haven Texas
Healthy Hides of Houston Texas
Hill Country Nudists Texas
Lone Star Resort Texas
Natural Horisun Texas
Natures Resort Texas
North Texas Naturists Texas
Sahnoans Texas
Sandpipers Resort Texas
Sunbirds Sun Club Texas
Wildwood Naturist’s Resort Texas
Capital Area Family Naturists Virginia
Potomac Rambling Bares Virginia
White Tail Resort Virginia
Forest Murmurs Washington
Fraternity Snoqualmie Washington
Kaniksu Ranch Washington
Lake Associates Recreation Club Washington
Lake Bronson Club Washington
Sun Ray Hills Wisconsin
Avalon West Virginia

Canada
Helios Alberta
Sunny Chinooks Alberta
Skinnydipper Recreation British Columbia
Van Tan Club British Columbia
Wreck Beach Preservation Society British Columbia
Crocus Grove Manitoba
Bare Oaks Ontario
Green Haven Sun Club Saskatchewan
Prairie Suns Saskatchewan
 #19931  by dave_in_delaware

:shock: Um, I hope you retract our entry... or my children and I won't be able to attend.... :shock:

Yes, for the first time ever, my children will be with me during an official DELOC meeting! We're hoping that the weather will cooperate, because they love to swim!

We (me, wife, kids) will definitely be there at the pool party, but since my kids will be with me, I'm not sure exactly how long we'll be there. 9:00am is probably do-able, but midnight? I don't think so.... But we'll stay as long as possible, as long as my kids aren't bored and misbehaving. LOL.

We're still deciding what we can bring. I'm guessing I should at least bring a dessert? What's left on the list that we need? Heh, I have an opened bottle of Sake that I can offer. I can't stand the stuff (didn't know that until Sunday night), but I'll bring it along if anyone else likes it. There's still 90% of the bottle left....
 #19939  by dave_in_delaware

Ken_in_Bear wrote:Uuummm... joke :banghead:
Uuummm... so was mine. Geez, what's wrong w/ some of you people!!?? :roll:
 #19986  by DragonJames

Well, Moneys a little tight for me (apparently Bronco's dont like driving 100 miles a day and keeping gas in the tank :? ) So i wont be able to bring much along the lines of food, mabey some form of snacks? I will deffinatly be in attendance, not to sure about the g/f, I think she has work.

And nice joke Ken, had me going for a minute, lol, saw that and damn near died