Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #124  by sellahr

Both of those dates would be good for me.
 #161  by stephpd

I can make the 10th, working 3-11 on the 24th. :sparring:
 #165  by dave_in_delaware

Wynder wrote:Thursday, April 10th
Thursday, April 24th

... We can certainly organize a range morning as well, so we can get a bit more than just one hour to enjoy each other's company.
Does the evening meeting work out better for everyone? What about a different day (other than Thursday)? Granted, we could always "split up" our meeting into a weeknight meeting and a Saturday morning/afternoon shoot. That would probably accommodate everyone better than doing it all in one morning....

I'm out of town for a GIS Conference on the 24th, so the 10th would be better for me.

As for other days/dates, I'm pretty much available any night except for Wed nights and the weekends of 11-13 and 25-27 (I have my kids those dates).

Another suggestion would be Hibachi Grill. I'm addicted to their fried rice, and it's so cool watching them cook your food. It's pricier than IHOP stuff, but oh so yummy....

Bummer on the Chinese Buffet vote for "no" there. I can clean house at a buffet. I personally like the one up at Foulk/Naamans, and also the one down in Bear (near Hibachi's). I've OC'd in both IIRC.

Oh, and FYI: my fiancee "volunteered" her house as a gathering spot for when the weather's nicer. We can cook on the gas grill, watch any sports on the TV, and hopefully by then she'll have her horseshoe pits set up (seriously).... But that'll be for when the weather gets warmer/nicer.
 #197  by stephpd

I like the Thursday night meetings, more room less wait. The Saturday range idea is good as well. Can we do both?

My wife asked if ya'll would be interested in a pool party? June , July or August for swimming. Got a couple of grills. Fry up some meat. Bring the kids. Hope your not afraid of cats and dogs. They rule the roost.Cats will keep their distance mostly but the dogs will be in your face. :sparring:
 #198  by Sprat

Rob

"We can certainly organize a range morning as well, so we can get a bit more than just one hour to enjoy each other's company." I am guilty of over sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 10 works for me I will be back in Florida to sort out my business on the 24th back May 1
anywhere is fine

sprat
 #199  by stephpd

So most everyone is open for the 10th for the Thursday night meeting. Anyplace is fine with me. Still need a date for a range trip. How about that Saturday or Sunday for the range? Early mourning seems the best. 8-)
 #231  by Wynder

Alrightly, then.

Let's pencil our books for Thursday, April 10th, 8pm at IHOP... Maybe we can solicit suggestions for a new place to try out in May.

Also, tentative range date for Ommelanden on Saturday April 12th, 9-11am -- this will give the early risers free reign of the range and the late-sleepers a chance to wake up and join us. ;)
 #232  by dave_in_delaware

OK, I have April 10th @ 8:00pm on my calendar. We're keeping it at IHOP for the month of April?

I won't be able to make the Saturday shoot though - I have my kids that weekend.
 #233  by Wynder

dave_in_delaware wrote:OK, I have April 10th @ 8:00pm on my calendar. We're keeping it at IHOP for the month of April?

I won't be able to make the Saturday shoot though - I have my kids that weekend.
Yeah, I figure we can start the discussion for the next venue for the May gathering... as we really don't have a consensus to make a decision, especially with this gathering coming up about a week and a half or so ahead of when we have been having them.

Maybe we can do more frequent range trips... I need to get out more often, anyhow.

If we can get folks to agree on a place before the gathering, I'm sure we can change it up, as long as we have notice.
 #234  by radnor

I will not be able to make the 12th. Already have a group I will be working with on that day.

Need more range time??? I will be there on Saturday 9AM (5 Apr) with a scout Troop. Not sure what I can do for them that a RSO there cannot do... Expect to shoot after they are done. About 11:00. :pbjtime: