Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #59  by dave_in_delaware

Thanks to everyone for making meeting #3 so great. Range time AND food/chat is a nice combination!

And now, the time has come for the planning of the next meeting. Hopefully it will be warmer AND not rainy/snowy next time!

So, let's begin with some ideas, and then we'll focus on a date.

Should we do the combination range time and food thing again?
or should we only meet for food?
Should we avoid the weekends and keep it a weekday?

Let's hear your thoughts and opinions on the matter!
 #64  by stephpd

I Like the range trip/breakfast idea. We'll just have to keep a eye out for holiday traffic at IHOP. Might stop by the next couple of Saturday's to check on the crowds at IHOP before the next meeting. ;)
 #65  by Mr. Bruce

Here are some brainstorms.

Different restaurant... we know IHOP is ok with OC.
Maybe we could OC (walk the length before/after we eat) down Main Street in Newark and eat somewhere there. That would be a test.
I'm cool with Range/eating or just eating.
 #78  by Wynder

Mr. Bruce wrote:Here are some brainstorms.

Different restaurant... we know IHOP is ok with OC.
Maybe we could OC (walk the length before/after we eat) down Main Street in Newark and eat somewhere there. That would be a test.
I'm cool with Range/eating or just eating.
I'm still a bit wary with the Federal School Safe Zone law and Newark High School and the Elementry school there at the south side of main street there... That's just a concern of mine, meh. :|
 #79  by Wynder

stephpd wrote:I Like the range trip/breakfast idea. We'll just have to keep a eye out for holiday traffic at IHOP. Might stop by the next couple of Saturday's to check on the crowds at IHOP before the next meeting. ;)
Talking to the hostess, she said they usually get slammed around 9am or so and that yesterday, the rush came just before we got there. A couple of people suggested going back to an evening meeting which is my personally preference -- in particular Thursday nights; however, I think range trips without the breakfasts might be cool as well, just because I know the wife will start bitching about me being out too long on a weekend. :poed: :poed: :poed: :poed:
 #99  by Sprat

As we discussed at breakfest, maybe a night meeting again on a thursday night at Ihop again
maybe a different range also. Hopefully I will show up on time next time with more range time As several folks commented you can use my AR

Sprat
 #102  by dave_in_delaware

I'm a bit weary (OK, scared) of Newark, and would prefer to avoid that town like the plague. :shock: Well, at least while being armed. I've been there before and it is nice, if you're into college towns.

Should we change the location of the meeting to somewhere other than the "New Castle Route 13 corridor" area? What about farther north into Wilmington somewhere? Or farther south (or east or west....)?

Is a change of restaurants in order? Maybe Denny's (if breakfast is a necessity)? What about the Golden Dove (good food and OC friendly, so far at least)? I could call Gallucio's in Wilmington to see if they could accommodate our group. They have a nice friendly atmosphere and good food, too (my fiancee loves it there). What about a Chinese buffet, where we could eat forever? LOL....
 #103  by Wynder

dave_in_delaware wrote:What about a Chinese buffet, where we could eat forever? LOL....
Ooohh... I don't do Chinese anymore. Long story. Involves me, an order of chicken wings, salmonella, and me spending the better part of my Christmas vacation hanging over a toilet bowl. :poed:

In any case, I'd be up for a change of venue, as long as they are able to accommodate us.
 #120  by Wynder

So, let's suggest a few dates for April... I've gotten a bit of feedback suggesting staying with an evening gathering for Dinner, so I'd like to propose the following dates:

Thursday, April 10th
Thursday, April 24th

This way we don't have to deal with the Friday night traffic or the weekend morning (b)(l)unch traffic. We can certainly organize a range morning as well, so we can get a bit more than just one hour to enjoy each other's company.