Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #2233  by dave_in_delaware

Yeah, I know it's not even July yet, but I wanted to start planning August's Meeting (#8) ahead of time due to vacations, hectic schedules, kids being off of school, etc....

I know August tends to be on the hot/humid side, so I wanted to find out if anyone else had any "pool facilities" to offer (or some other way of staying cool), or if we should just plan on an indoor "stay inside in the A/C" kind of meeting.

Please let me know if you'd like to offer your place for our next picnic meeting site, or if a restaurant meeting sounds good.

Thank you!

(FYI: Carmen's house is still available for a meeting location, but she'd rather save it for October's meeting (#10) so we can make it a birthday celebration for her as well. I'd offer my house for a meeting, but I'm not sure if I'll still own it by then, since I'm in the selling process right now).
 #2234  by cappilot06

I will also be at #8 as long as its not on the 16th. Both my girls birthdays are in August and we're going to have a combined party for them on the 16th. Please don't plan around us, however, we'll be there for many more! Any other weekend and we're good!
 #2350  by dave_in_delaware

One additional idea is to maybe have a gathering at someone's house (in the A/C), or at some sort of restaurant/sports bar, so we can all enjoy some NFL preseason football together.

Preseason schedule:

Sunday, Aug 3rd w/ the Hall of Fame Bowl (IND @ WAS) at 8:00pm on NBC.

Week 1:
Thurs, Aug 7 NO @ ARI at 8:00pm ESPN
Mon, Aug 11 CIN @ GB at 8:00pm ESPN

Week 2:
Thur, Aug 14 CAR @ PHI at 8:00pm FOX
Fri, Aug 15 OAK @ TEN at 8:00pm FOX
Sun, Aug 17 NE @ TB at 8:00pm NFL Network
Mon, Aug 18 CLE @ NYG at 8:00pm ESPN

Week 3:
Thur, Aug 21 SF @ CHI at 8:00pm FOX
Fri, Aug 22 HOU @ DAL at 8:00pm CBS
Sat, Aug 23 PIT @ MIN at 8:00pm CBS
Sun, Aug 24 BUF @ IND at 8:00pm NFL Network
Mon, Aug 25 SEA @ SD at 8:00pm ESPN

Week 4:
Thur, Aug 28 JAC @ WAS at 7:00pm NBC

Again, this is just an idea, but I must say: I love watching NFL football! Especially w/ my Open Carry friends!!

(hint, hint)
 #2364  by Wynder

I'm a NLL guy.
 #2369  by dave_in_delaware

Wynder wrote:I'm a NLL guy.
What's that? National Little League?
 #2370  by Wynder

http://www.nll.com/

And if you wanna know why, watch the first 20 seconds of this video:
[youtube]wi2AQHKHccQ&fmt=18[/youtube]
 #2371  by dave_in_delaware

Oh, hockey on grass. Gotcha.

At least being checked and beat-down doesn't hurt as much when you hit the grass instead of ice.

I see (from the NLL website) that they don't act any more mature or professional than hockey players. Go figure. :roll:
 #2376  by Sprat

I like GAA football

so before you ask its Gaelic Football ( Irish soccer ) similar to soccer slightly different,

regretably it can only be seen in Irish pubs and clubs

oh back on track

I would hold it but still have not closed on the house as of today

sprat
 #2378  by Wynder

dave_in_delaware wrote:Oh, hockey on grass. Gotcha.

At least being checked and beat-down doesn't hurt as much when you hit the grass instead of ice.

I see (from the NLL website) that they don't act any more mature or professional than hockey players. Go figure. :roll:
Actually, considering Lacrosse was played by Native American Indians, the converse should be Lacrosse on Ice.
 #2382  by dave_in_delaware

Wynder wrote:... Native American Indians, the converse ...
Converse? I don't think they wore sneakers back then.....

OK, to get this thread back on track, let's come up w/ some ideas for August's meeting. :roll:

Actually, it's maybe too early to figure it out now, so I'll wait until July's meeting to "announce" this thread again.

Notice: there will be no more notices until further notice. Thank you.