Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #4294  by dave_in_delaware

I wasn't pointing the finger at you (although thanks for taking the blame!)... just letting others know it's an "open" OC meeting, meaning the door is open for whenever you need to leave, and you can always come back later as long as the party is still going.
 #4297  by stephpd

Actually you could even get here early and it wouldn't be a problem. I should be done all my running around by 9 or 10. Nobody should feel bad about what time they come or go. This is a very long party and moves at a slow pace. Just a day to relax, talk and eat.

Warning!!! First couple here has to deal with very excited dogs. But they calm down quick. :o
 #4301  by cappilot06

Hi all,
Just got home from work and my wife is not feeling well at all. There was something going around her office this week and she thought she dodged it, but it doesn't look that way. I may end up staying home to take care of the baby so she can rest tomorrow, but will let everyone know definitely in the morning.
 #4302  by cappilot06

Well it looks like I will be missing today's gathering too, and I apologize for the short notice. My wife has been up all night worshipping at the porcelain god as they say. She's sleeping now, but I doubt she's going anywhere. While I could still bring the baby, I think I need to stay here and keep an eye on her. After having the seizures last year, I'm not taking any chances of leaving her by herself when she's sick.

I hope everyone has a great time, and hopefully we will make it to September's meeting.

Carl
 #4303  by Mr Jody Hudson

OK, on and off again and back ON... My daughter and her escourt are both comming. I took them shooting yesterday and she has always been very safe; she has had her own gun since birth and been shooting since before she was 2 years old. He, Ryan, is not only a great shot but perfect in the safety department, which is the main thing.

My daughter Jazz, will be wearing her new PINK, Walther and Ryan will be wearing a ParaOrdnance .45.

I will have my favorite TT (Tactical Tupperware), my Glock 19 in TT holster by Fobus. :)

We are bringing watermellon plus something from the farmers market if there is something that looks good now.
 #4304  by dave_in_delaware

Glad to hear you guys are coming! Hotel Carmen is ready and open for business! LOL...

I baked dessert last night. I decided to give my chocolate chip cookies a break and "give" you guys something new to try: carrot cake & cream cheese sandwich cookies. They're VERY moist so be careful when you grab them out of the container! Fair warning: You'll have to fight Carmen for them, because she's already addicted from "taste testing" last night. :twisted:

I'm also bringing (6) 3-liter bottles of soda (cola, root beer, ginger ale, fruit punch).

And I printed and cut about 40 more DELOC cards if anyone needs more. (You do need MORE, right? You've been handing them out, and putting them on bulletin boards, right?? Hint hint....)

We should be there at noon (barring any last-minute cleaning, traffic, and girl-taking-her-time-getting-ready issues)....
 #4305  by LordJim

I can't stay for long, but I'm going to try to swing by for at least a few minutes just to say hi to the folks I know, and meet the folks I don't. Don't know when, but sometime today.

-
Jim
 #4306  by Mr Jody Hudson

The Teens are packing now, slowly...

Dave, IF you have ample time to print some more of those DELOC cards I will gladly pay for a dozen of them.

We are bringing three watermellons, two are very ripe and several large low-acid, yellow tomatoes, also very ripe, which should be perfect for those who want a treat on a burger.

We got these from the organic farmers market this mor ning, just for the party. This IS where all the old hippies went; smoking pot with bald heads, big bellies and pony tails and eating organic produce. The hippie chicks are 60 now but still have hair down to waist, no bras or panties and see-through thin cotten skirts with more see through strap tops... I can remember what hippie chicks looked like but I never expected them to make it to 60 years old... or me either... I have no pony tail though, about the only one at the market without one.

We are packed, packing, and soon to be on our way.
 #4307  by Wynder

Wish I could've made it tonight -- my first gathering that I missed! *sigh*

On the upside, I finished my Range Safety Officer class which was very informative... I learned quite a bit, and I'm looking forward to my Basic Instructor Training and my Pistol Instructor classes coming up next!
 #4308  by sellahr

Sorry I missed the meeting. Wish I could have been there, but was looking at 2 different houses to rent. Been looking for 2 months to find one and finnally have one. Now I can move my family down here after 2 years. Looks like I'll be bringing them along to the next meeting.