Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #4309  by dave_in_delaware

Well, we survived another meeting at stephpd's house!!! :mrgreen:

We had an AWESOME time, again. The turnout was definitely a lot less this time around, but we still had some excellent food (the pulled pork was yummy, as was the spud salad, cheeseburgers, baked beans, etc), and some great conversation. A wide array of gun manufacturers' products was present, too. :)

A big THANKS to stephpd and his wife for graciously hosting our meeting! And ILove2Shoot says thanks to stephpd for the motorcycle ride!!! She loved it!

I'm glad that some "new" members (and "guests") were able to attend, and of course some of the "regulars" were able to make it... and I'm bummed that some of you were not able to meet with us. But there's always next month (or in two weekends)!

And Mr. Jody, I hope that our hotel was comfortable and you had a good night's sleep.

I'm looking forward to Meeting #9!!
 #4313  by Mr Jody Hudson

The people, conversation, food, and hospitality at the party and afterwards were all perfect in my mind. I enjoyed it very much and so did my 17 year old daughter Jazz and her escourt Ryan.

We tied the final departure know well, with breakfast at IHOP where ryan, Dave and I all three OCed! An enjoyable and safe time was had by all.

Jody
 #4314  by cappilot06

My wife and I just wanted to apologize again for not being able to make it yesterday. She is feeling slightly better, but still not well. We missed seeing everyone and meeting new folks. Not sure when meeting #9 is scheduled, but will do everything in our power to get there.
 #4316  by stephpd

I'm happy that those that made it had a good time. With Brenda working a double the day before I had to try my hand at cooking. Being lab rats to my experiments at cooking isn't for the faint of heart.Kahlua pork and grilled corn were new for me.

It was a pleasure meeting Deb,Jody,Jazz and Ryan. Seeing young adults take an interest in open carry is great. Brenda had a few questions about that but I explained that on my property it was OK.

Again it was great company and conversation. Sorry I had to kick everyone out at 11:30. Brenda and I had to work day shift today.

If you missed it I'll be having a rerun on the 23rd for my 50th birthday party. I've invited quite a few from here but if I forgot some of the members and you'd like to come just pm me.

As to Septembers party I'll leave it up to others for a time and date. Don't want to look like a party whore. But after two meetings in a row we might want to try someplace else.

Again thanks.

Steve
 #4317  by dave_in_delaware

cappilot06 wrote:My wife and I just wanted to apologize again for not being able to make it yesterday. She is feeling slightly better, but still not well. We missed seeing everyone and meeting new folks....
no need for apologies!! We're sorry your wife is sick. I am glad to hear she's feeling a little better.
stephpd wrote:Being lab rats to my experiments at cooking isn't for the faint of heart.Kahlua pork and grilled corn were new for me.

Again it was great company and conversation. Sorry I had to kick everyone out at 11:30. Brenda and I had to work day shift today.
The pulled pork was delicious, and you did the grilled corn-on-the-cob perfectly!! Good cookin' stephpd!

We're sorry for staying so late. I didn't know you had to do a double shift today or else we would have left earlier!! :oops:

We'll plan out Meeting #9 in its own thread....

Thanks again for hosting another "meeting" Sir (and Ma'am)!!
 #4319  by DSF Training

Yes! I missed this one too! Had some cabinet work pop up and need to work off the new Dillion 550 along with picking up supplies to get stated. For now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to set up my bench?

When is the next one??
 #4341  by Sprat

I would like to Thank Steve & Brenda for a nice day on saturday, Deb and I drove a considerable distance to see most of the folks who couldn't make it, shame as we had a nice time with the folks who did make it.
Jody ( who also drove a considerable distance) nice to meet you, your daughter and her beau. you sir are a gentleman. most realtor types would have tried to steal the account, but your advice was sound and re-enforced in me that there are few good folks around. good food and good company.

oh deb & I got heavily rained on, tubing down the upper delaware

shame folks can't make the effort

sprat