Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #6105  by Wynder

dave_in_delaware wrote:And I'll probably bake some sort of dessert (any requests?).
Coconut cake. :)

We might be doing a hayride earlier in the day so, we'll be at this thing a bit later, probably -- when's it running from/to?
 #6108  by dave_in_delaware

I'm not sure about the time specifics. I must confer w/ my better half.
 #6112  by MrCoolDale

Well, the last costume party I attended, I dressed up as hannah montana. It was pretty disturbing. Plus, I don't think it would be too convincing with a 40 strapped to the side. haha.

Seriously though, I will do my best to be there. It shouldn't be a problem for me to get off on a saturday night. I'll be on a bike, so I won't be able to bring anything large. Whatever fits in my backpack. So I can volunteer to bring 5 or 6 packs of hot dogs, and I can make some Irish Potatoes, if anyone is interested in them. Old family recipe.

Again, this hinges on whether or not I can make it. I won't know until about 7 to 10 days before the party whether or not I'll be there. If the GF can make it (I hope that'll be okay), I can bring a cake as well, or whatever else would be needed, since we'd have her car.

I don't actually have a car at the moment, just the bike.
 #6137  by dave_in_delaware

MrCoolDale wrote:... and I can make some Irish Potatoes, if anyone is interested in them. Old family recipe.
You'll get a pistol-whipping if you DON'T bring those Irish spuds!!! ;)

Just kidding. Please bring them if you're able to attend, and if it's not too much trouble.

Mmmm... Irish food... (well, unless it's cabbage - ick).
 #6148  by stephpd

I'm not to sure about some of that Irish food. I was talking to sprat about visiting Ireland next year (20th Wedding Anniversary) and the thought of blood or brain pudding doesn't sound very appetizing. Maybe it's not as bad as sounds but.............

Brenda and I should be there. I'll have to take the day off but we'll show up for sure.

With one spud dish that would cut down on the chance of Brenda making potato salad. I like her baked beans so I'll see if she can do better then the last time.(They were over cooked). They did come out well for my birthday party.

I'll probably come dressed as a 'biker' since that's what I own and wear everyday. Might bring the bike if the weather's nice.

Some people here can't call a rain free meeting. :D
 #6153  by dave_in_delaware

:o Rain-free?? What are you talking about?? :o

Sometimes you have to pick a date before you can pick the weather. No, wait...
 #6154  by stephpd

dave_in_delaware wrote::o Rain-free?? What are you talking about?? :o
Like the three parties we had June, July and August. ;)

Pool parties would have sucked if it were raining.

I think it's rained,snowed or hurricaned for every other one we've had. :lol:
 #6156  by dave_in_delaware

Yeah yeah... you just lucked out w/ the weather for our meetings/parties at your house!

Dumb luck w/ cooperative weather does NOT warrant bragging rights! ;) :sparring:
 #6171  by stephpd

dave_in_delaware wrote:Yeah yeah... you just lucked out w/ the weather for our meetings/parties at your house!

Dumb luck w/ cooperative weather does NOT warrant bragging rights! ;) :sparring:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that I may have some input into some of the rainy days as well. I'd have to check but I think I was one of the first to narrow down some of the dates. :roll:
 #6327  by dave_in_delaware

OK, the "Official" opening of the gate will be at 1:00pm (1300) on Saturday the 25th.

There is no official ending time, but if the birthday girl crashes first, that'll mark the wrap-up of the festivities. ;)

And as always, if someone is feeling too "happy" (i.e. liquored up) to drive, we WILL take your keys and make you sleep it off on the couch! Seriously! My fiancee is animate about NO drinking and driving!!! We have 3 couches and a sofabed, so there will be no excuse of "you don't have room" or any crap like that!!!

Please sign up for bringing stuff. We have sodas, water, and ice covered.