Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #6501  by MrCoolDale

So, it looks like it's Dave and I... This could be a little awkward. With 48 hot dogs and all...
 #6509  by dave_in_delaware

Well, I know a few others said that they could come. Plus another family might (they don't post much though).

I just want to hear from them for sure, and what they're bringing.
 #6520  by stephpd

Brenda and I will be there. I haven't missed one yet, which surprises me since I work weird hours.

Just have to get her to make up some baked beans. ;)
 #6587  by dave_in_delaware

I apologize to everyone in advance: looks like it'll be a rainy crappy day all day. :cry: :oops:

I just wanted everyone to know an important rule for tomorrow:
please DO NOT let the cat outside. She's an indoor cat only. The dog is fine though.

And, don't worry about bringing any presents for the birthday girl. That's NOT a requirement. This is a DELOC meeting primarily. And remember to bring your weapon(s)!!

It looks like the RSVP list is thus:

dave_in_delaware - sodas, ice, water, hopefully a cake (if I find time to bake)
MrCoolDale +1 - hot dogs, rolls, potatoes
Wynder +3 - ??
stephpd +1 - baked beans
cappilot06 +2 - pies
Newark Mike +1 - paper plates, plastic cups, napkins

Sounds like a decent turn-out. I look forward to meeting some new people, and seeing the "old" regulars tomorrow!
 #6592  by MrCoolDale

I spent a little over two hours getting them done, but I got the Irish Potatoes done. Unfortunately the batch is a little smaller than I had hoped. One of my potatoes turned out to be no good. No worries though, I'll still have some.
 #6595  by dave_in_delaware

OK guys, sounds great. But I must ask: WTF are you doing up so :censored: EARLY??!! :shock: :shock:

I don't think I'll have time to bake anything, so store-bought will have to do.

We'll plan on cooking (grilling) right away around 1:00pm. Menu:

Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Irish Potatoes
Baked Beans
Chips + dip
Mac-n-cheese (if needed/wanted)
Cake
Pie
Soda
Water
Coffee

We also have Miller Light (in cans), a bottle of red wine, and 2 bottles of white zin wine. If you want something different, or your kids prefer juice, you'll have to bring it along. ;)

Please, leave your pets at home. We have plenty here for you to play with.

We'll see everyone soon! Gates open at 1:00pm!
 #6598  by cappilot06

Hey guys,
The girls and I are still planning on coming. We won't be able to get there until after naps, but are shooting for 2pm. Will bring pies with us for dessert!

See you then!
 #6614  by dave_in_delaware

Well, our last guests left a little while ago, so it's time for a mini "range report."

WHAT AN AWESOME AND FUN DAY!

My fiancee and I had a blast hosting the meeting. We enjoyed meeting some new members (MrCoolDale and g/f, and Newark Mike), and seeing some of the regulars again! We had a great time chatting, laughing, and just "hanging" with all of you! Hopefully we can do it again sometime soon (before Meeting #11).

Thank you to everyone for bringing some goodies along! We had MORE than enough food for everyone.

And my fiancee wanted to thank everyone who wished her a happy birthday, and brought presents/cards. She loves her gifts!

We hope everyone had an enjoyable time, had enough to eat, and made it home safely!
 #6626  by cappilot06

Hey Dave!
Even though we couldn't stay too long, we had a blast! Toni said she's sorry she couldn't make it. And Happy Birthday again to Carmen! Thank you for having us all over. I'm glad I got to meet a couple new faces, and hopefully will get to see everyone again at our next get-together.

Thanks for a great Meeting #10!