Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #4321  by dave_in_delaware

Well, after a very successful Meeting #8 gathering, it's time to plan next month's meeting... for sometime in September!

Shall we do another "member hosted" meeting? Or shall we hit a restaurant?

Let's hear the ideas!

(Keep in mind that ILove2Shoot is hosting October's at her house.)

:idea: Here's an idea: Maybe we should consider Meeting #9 our road trip to Sussex County to meet up w/ DSF Training for some food and range time??
 #4386  by dave_in_delaware

OK, this has gotten plenty of views, but no posts? No one has an opinion about our next meeting location or date? :?

Perhaps I should make an executive decision then.... :o

DSF Training has invited us down to Sussex County to his range for some great training (and fun): cross-target shooting, rapid fire, holster work, shooting from under cars, etc! And pretty much "anything goes" (within reason) at that range, including rapid fire, draw-from-holster, etc. Basically everything that we can't do up in New Castle County or TargetMaster! He offered/suggested that we get a car-pool together and a group of us come down for some fun some day!!!! I also believe that food was mentioned, too. :D

Well, I'd say that time has come!

Let's plan on heading south for a day filled with shooting exercises, holster practice, hints/tips, and some food! And plenty of camraderie and shooting!

My guess will be that we should aim for a Saturday, so no one who goes to church has to miss that time w/ their families. And since there will be shooting involved, those w/ younger children (like myself) will have to make necessary arrangements....

For me, I'm available Sept 6th/7th or 20th/21st....
 #4392  by Wynder

Either of those weekends, for the time being, are clear on my calendar.
 #4398  by Sprat

those dates work for me. rifle shooting would also work I will bring down the ar carbine for those considering

I may come alone or bring Deb either way I am going to camp near by or in the general area, I have tent and mattress that fits in the back of the truck. I have a extra 3 man tent ( 2 comfortable) and large airmattress if someone wants to use it.

sprat
 #4403  by DSF Training

dave_in_delaware wrote: DSF Training has invited us down to Sussex County to his range for some great training
It sounds good but it’s not my range it belongs to the hunt club I’m a member of, but I can have guests any time. So come on down!
shooting from under cars
“We’ll use Dave’s car!” :pbjtime:

First thing that you should know is there’s no bathroom just a lot of trees? But we can shoot as much as we like. We have a rifle range and if you shoot from the pistol range it’s about 250yds (I will have to pace it off to be sure) so save your 2 liter soda bottles (filled with colored water they look cool being hit with a high velocity projectile)

All of us know the basic safety rules so I don’t think we’ll have a problem with that end, I just have a few others when it come to having a group of shooters on the range.

If I can answer any questions just ask!

And we won’t need to shot under Dave’s car I’m working on a plywood prop; lol“ :pointlaugh: got ya dave”
 #4406  by stephpd

I'm off the 6th. I'd have to take a vacation day for the other date.

Sounds like fun! :D
 #4412  by dave_in_delaware

DSF Training wrote:First thing that you should know is there’s no bathroom just a lot of trees?

... save your 2 liter soda bottles (filled with colored water they look cool being hit with a high velocity projectile)
Yeah, I know it's not YOUR range. I just meant that it's the one you go to.

I guess the ladies will have to rough it if they come! LOL... although that's a good way of making sure it's guys only DSF! Good thinking! ;) (just kidding - I hope the girls can come along, too!) :shock:

I have a huge box of old unusable 3.5" floppy disks that are just begging to be targets. Would they be OK to shoot up?

Also, what will we do about food and drinks? Should we bring our own in coolers? I'm guessing sandwiches, hoagies from Wawa, other similar items would be best....

Seeing as how this'll be a carpool deal, we'll need a headcount so we can figure out how many vehicles we'll need. I'll plan on driving the minivan down, so my carpool vehicle can handle me and 5 or 6 additional passengers (5 comfortably, 6 if 3 cram into the back seat). If we have more people going, then we'll need another volunteer for transportation.

And as for a date, shall we make it Saturday September 6th???
 #4610  by Giustiniani

I would like to attend! The 5th is my Birthday, and being drill weekend I took it off for my bday.

Looking forward to this!

Gwee