Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #67996  by SasquatchAF

Looks like y'all had a good time there this year!

Wish I could have been there for the festivities, but unfortunately Uncle Sam had other plans and Im doing a 6 month deployment.

Great video, and killer intro. Only one little thing I did notice..... Major safety violation in the video. Hard to catch, but it was there, and unfortunately does not portray a good image to someone who may not be firmiliar with our group or is just learning about us. We all know we police each other and keep safety as #1 priority, but for a brief moment in that video, someone may think otherwise. (Sorry for the rant... Boy Scout training, NRA instructor training, as well as other training made my brain go into a tail spin!)

But overall, fantastic!
 #68151  by SasquatchAF

Unable to remember specific time in the video at the moment, but there was a point in which I believe Speeder and Sodbuster were down range, and as the cameraman/woman began to rotate to the left, you can see someone who is handling a weapon at the table, while there are two people downrange.

Although something was said about it by one of the members present, still not a good way to showcase our group, considering accidents with firearms can be in the blink of an eye, in which case two of our very generous members could have been in danger.

Whoever the member was(I dont know because I wasnt there and dont remember ever meeting them before) should have never even stepped up to the table and began handling their weapon. Should have been completely avoided. Thankfully nothing happened, but things can turn ugly real quick when dealing with firearms as we all should know.

Especially if the video is openly posted on the internet(hopefully with the intentions of gaining some interest and support of the group), it may deter some possible fellow 2A supporters, or even worse, bring negative attention to the group for a careless act that was completely avoidable.

Sorry to be such a D!ck about the issue, just would have been unfortunate to have an accident happen to anyone. I am the way I am because I know more than one person who has died from firearms, in addition to my various training which makes me very short tempered when it comes to safety.
 #68166  by Guard_Duck

Tannerite isn't considered a firework, it's a binary explosive. Is completely inert until mixed. Both parts can be shipped in the same box using any ship service with no markings.

We were just helping sodbuster clear a stump.
 #68174  by astro_wanabe

white95zj wrote:Tannerite isn't considered a firework, it's a binary explosive. Is completely inert until mixed. Both parts can be shipped in the same box using any ship service with no markings.

We were just helping sodbuster clear a stump.
Once mixed it would typically still be a "firework" under 16 Del. C. §6901. It was obviously mixed in the video.
The term "fireworks," as used in this chapter, shall mean and include any combustible or explosive composition, or any substance or combination of substances, or article prepared for the purpose of producing a visible or an audible effect by combustion, explosion, deflagration or detonation and shall include...
But as long as we were just clearing a stump, not using it for the "purpose of producing a visible or an audible effect" ... :?

Speaking of the tannerite, any word on why 3 out of 4 attempts were duds? Just a bad batch?
 #68176  by Strelok

SasquatchAF wrote:Especially if the video is openly posted on the internet(hopefully with the intentions of gaining some interest and support of the group), it may deter some possible fellow 2A supporters, or even worse, bring negative attention to the group for a careless act that was completely avoidable.
I used my discretion in editing the video but I missed the scene in question. To address the concern about negative attention I have omitted the infamous frames.