Because we enjoy good company and good food.

How many in your party are coming?

29%
57%
14%
No votes
0%
5+
No votes
0%
 #70798  by dave_in_delaware

cappilot06 has volunteered to host October's meeting. The weather should still be nice enough to have the gathering outside.

Date: Saturday, October 13, 2012
Time: noon until ??
 #72819  by dave_in_delaware

Bump.

Cappilot06, any idea what you'll be providing and what others will need to bring?
 #73224  by cappilot06

Ok everyone,

I meant to get back to everyone before my vacation, but this will have to be better than than never.

So the party will be at my house from noon until whenever on Saturday (10/13).

Due to tight funds this year, I will only be able to do hotdogs and hamburgers which I will provide and cook. I will also provide condiments.

I could use folks to provide the following if they can:

Hot dog buns
Hamburger buns
Soda/drinks
paper plates
plastic cups
plastic utensils
ice
potato chips or something similar
potato salad (Sig Girl already volunteered:)
Any other side you wish to bring
Any dessert you wish to make/bring
Feel free to bring any adult beverage you wish (BYOB)

Dave...do we have a headcount yet so people will know how much of each item to buy/bring?

Also...please respond with what you can bring so that I know by Thurs/Fri what we still need.

Thanks everyone!!
 #73229  by dave_in_delaware

cappilot06 wrote:Dave...do we have a headcount yet so people will know how much of each item to buy/bring?
No head count yet. You'd get an idea by who PM's you for your address. Or I could add a poll for you.....
 #73231  by cappilot06

Thanks Dave. A poll would be helpful.
 #73233  by dave_in_delaware

OK, poll added.

Please indicate how many are coming so our hosts have a head count idea.

And be sure to post what you're bringing.

Thank you!
 #73240  by stephpd

Brenda and I too will be there.

She's making her famous baked beans.
 #73262  by cappilot06

So right now the polls shows 7 people. I have a friend coming up from D.C., who will also be bringing a friend. I believe SigGirl is coming (not sure if she answered the poll or not), but Photog won't be able to join us. He's teaching a class all day. That's puts us at at least 11 including myself. My wife and kids won't be around until the afternoon.

I'll give it until tomorrow evening and then figure out what stuff we still need to get at the store. I'm guessing the biggest things we'll still need will be hot dogs/hamburger buns. My wife is going to the store Thursday to buy all the meat, so we'll have to go off of headcount at that point. I'll buy extra just to be safe.

Carl