Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #7333  by stephpd

Brenda and I'll be there. I tried staying out of the decision on this one as best I could. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to pick a place. :roll:
 #7334  by dave_in_delaware

Hey, I was letting the membership decide... but they didn't decide! :roll:

I'm glad you guys will be there. I was beginning to wonder if you were busy tonight...
 #7342  by stephpd

dave_in_delaware wrote:Hey, I was letting the membership decide... but they didn't decide! :roll:

I'm glad you guys will be there. I was beginning to wonder if you were busy tonight...
I thought that since I've voiced a few strong opinions on the board that I'd been relegated to the lower tiers. ;) kidding

I mentioned earlier in the thread that the dates selected were OK by me, meaning I'd be there. That and I've been active in selecting dates for many of the other meetings and thought that I'd leave it up to others this time.

Brenda has been asking about it for a couple of weeks and I'd told her it's tonight so she could make sure she wasn't working. But I have planned on coming all along. :D

I downloaded the debate that SFN had on CN8 and Brenda couldn't believe the bull that was coming out of the mouths of the antis. Seems the brainwashing from all you 2A folks is catching up with her and it makes sense to her the more she hears it. She has even started to repeat the 'pro' side of the debate.

Now if she would just decide to carry. :roll:
 #7345  by dave_in_delaware

stephpd wrote:I mentioned earlier in the thread that the dates selected were OK by me, meaning I'd be there.

... Seems the brainwashing from all you 2A folks is catching up with her and it makes sense to her the more she hears it. She has even started to repeat the 'pro' side of the debate.
Well, you know how sometimes things come up. That's why I was asking for a head count. Those who thought they could make it weeks ago may have had something come up...

Brainwashing is one of our specialties. ;)
 #7347  by dave_in_delaware

myopicvisionary wrote:A washed brain is a tidy brain!
That's true.

Can you make it tonight?
 #7348  by myopicvisionary

I got a bunch of stuff to do but I told Rob at last night's match that I would try.
 #7351  by dave_in_delaware

Alrighty then. Hope one of the "things to do" is to stop by for a little while! ;)
 #7363  by dave_in_delaware

Well, I'm finally back from the meeting! We (well, those of us who toughed it out) were there from 6:30pm until about 1:15am!! And on the way out the one owner asks "What? Leaving already?" ... I almost fell over. She invited us back again for our next meeting, too. So, I'd say they didn't mind us being there and armed. :D

The service was great, the food was excellent (and huge portions), and the conversation was awesome! It was nice to see all of you again, and also nice meeting a new member tonight! My fiancee even stopped by after her shift was done and hung out with us for a little while.

Thanks to everyone for making my evening a pleasant and fun one! I can't wait for next month's meeting.
 #7365  by Jacques

I used to say that some of the nicest people I ever met were nudists!

Now I can say...

Some of the nicest people I ever met were legally armed citizens.

Thanx for a great night! Shut up!