Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #347  by Wynder

Alrighty... Just in preparation, let's start putting together a list of places we might want to try for our next get-together.

I think keeping it along the Route 13 corridor is a good idea since it's easily accessed by folks coming from both North and South.

Let's try to keep the places narrowed down to establishments that:
  • Hopefully won't have an issue with us being armed.
  • Aren't too noisy (e.g. Hooters)
  • Has food that's reasonably priced and everyone could enjoy.
Once we have a good selection, we can put up a poll.
 #359  by dave_in_delaware

Wow, Rob. My IHOP hasn't even digested yet. ;)

Suggestions for restaurants:

- Damon's (I saw Fire Marshalls OC there before)
- Golden Dove (I've OC'd there a few times, good food, breakfast 24/7, good prices)
- Lone Star (I've OC'd there once before)

If we're going "off the grid" so to speak:

- Appleby's (by Wal-Mart)
- Chinese Buffet (across from Bear Library, or up at Foulk/Naamans)
- Hibachi's (more expensive, but delicious!)
- Bob Evans
- Ruby Tuesday's
- Bennigan's (Route 273, or up on 202)
- Hollywood Grill (Route 202/141)
- Golden Castle
- Shellhammer's
- Gallucio's

Personally, I wouldn't mind venturing away from the Route 13 corridor. But I'll go wherever we all agree.
 #417  by mustangdave

I'm up for anything but chinese food, never liked it. I'd love to go to the melting pot, but that's way to much money.
 #425  by dave_in_delaware

mustangdave wrote:I'm up for anything but chinese food, never liked it...
Boo! Hiss! I want to go to a Chinese Buffet! LOL....

For you anti-chinese food people: you know they usually have "American" stuff, too (like chicken nuggets, french fries, fish, plain rice, sometimes pizza, etc), right?
 #427  by Wynder

You don't want me to recount my last Chinese food experience on Christmas three years ago. It involved me, an order of chicken wings, an infestation of salmonella, Hawaiian Punch and three days of me spewing liquid from various orifices and multiple countings of my bathroom floor tiles.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just don't do Chinese places anymore. :(
 #429  by dave_in_delaware

Wynder wrote:You don't want me to recount my last Chinese food experience on Christmas three years ago.... It involved me, an order of chicken wings, an infestation of salmonella, Hawaiian Punch and three days of me spewing liquid from various orifices and multiple countings of my bathroom floor tiles.
Hey, thanks for NOT recounting that. :?
 #431  by Wynder

dave_in_delaware wrote:
Wynder wrote:You don't want me to recount my last Chinese food experience on Christmas three years ago.... It involved me, an order of chicken wings, an infestation of salmonella, Hawaiian Punch and three days of me spewing liquid from various orifices and multiple countings of my bathroom floor tiles.
Hey, thanks for NOT recounting that. :?
I suppose I shouldn't have posted that just before lunch, eh? :twisted:
 #540  by Giustiniani

Well I always like steak joints.. and they sell booze! I'll tell you what, if you guys buy my dinner Ill buy all the booze.
MMmmMMmMMMmmmmmmm... Texas Roadhouse...

Heh heh heh :twisted:

Gwee