Because we enjoy good company and good food.

How many in your party?

50%
50%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
5+
No votes
0%
 #79395  by dave_in_delaware

stgcrew wrote:We invited some of our friends as well, so (+) 6 on your reservation count DAVE!! :o
So you voted "5+" right? 8-)
 #79403  by bluedog46

photog wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:
One member told me he has a shirt that says "Guns dont kill people, dads with pretty daughters do".
That was a Father's day gift from my daughter.... I love that shirt, and I do wear it to DELOC members homes during summer meetings. I do not, however, wear it in public when I'm carrying, it does give the wrong message and has a poor public perception of firearm owners in general....

My son gave me a hoodie for Christmas from his Marine unit. It has a skull and crossbones with "Kill, KIll, KIll" on it.... great gift, but not fitting for a public DELOC event. The bottom line is, common sense should dictate your attire.
I think that probably comes down to a gun owner will get it. You and I will get it. 99% of deloc would but someone might get the wrong idea.

The marine shirt though I would hope no one would be offended by, but I see what you mean.
 #79408  by stgcrew

dave_in_delaware wrote:
stgcrew wrote:We invited some of our friends as well, so (+) 6 on your reservation count DAVE!! :o
So you voted "5+" right? 8-)

Actually I voted only 2 for me and Joel... forgot to add more but won't let me vote again.... We invited 6 of our friends but not sure how many can make it.
 #79417  by rosco87

What about OC'ing with an AR?
 #79419  by astro_wanabe

rosco87 wrote:What about OC'ing with an AR?
Be prepared for lots of attention - both during and after the fact. Also remember that you can't have a loaded long gun in/on/against a vehicle, nor can the mag of such long gun be loaded in a vehicle.
 #79421  by sampson13

ok,ok, i'm really looking forward to Tuesday night. I haven't stretched my wings and flown anywhere new in a little while....well maybe ten years ago when I got my first Harley at age 35 and thats been ten good years of smiles and miles and so Tuesday night I'm looking forward to shaking hands and meeting some good folks...and then 2 minutes after as the conversation goes on I forget your name that you just told me LOL. but Ive had so much friendly conversation in the gun shops in the last few weeks since I got the bug for this and started shopping and researching guns and different models and prices. I guess most of us will be having Ice tea or soda to drink eh? As per the state code as it refers to carrying and under the influence...etc,etc.......see ya all there Tuesday,until then carry often and set the example and educate when possible, there couldn't be a better time to OC in your community with the recent events and the general state of our country at large.
 #79427  by photog

rosco87 wrote:What about OC'ing with an AR?

In a word... NO! We are trying to educate people about open carry, not scare the crap out of them or intimidate them, much less feed the stereotype of firearm owners that the media portrays as a bunch of gun toting, trigger happy fools.... If you need a pistol to open carry, I'll bring an extra for ya'..... ;) ;) ;)
 #79431  by rosco87

Oo I got a pistol to carry! I just wanted to see what y'all would say bout a AR!