Because we enjoy good company and good food.

Which date?

Mon Feb 18
10%
Tue Feb 19
38%
Wed Feb 20
14%
Thu Feb 21
5%
Doesn't matter
33%
 #79172  by dave_in_delaware

With the voting ending in a tie for last month's location, we'll keep it simple and go to the runner up this month. So all we'll have to figure out is the date. Poll runs for a little over 3 weeks!

Place:
Bertucci's Italian Restaurant
201 West Main Street (Christiana Towne Center)
Newark, DE 19702

Time:
Our typical 6:30pm until ?

PLEASE NOTE LOCATION CHANGE!!
 #79965  by Chipswife

Once again, Chip and I won't make this one, due to the 2 hour drive required to get there. Maybe someday when a location is picked that isn't a few miles off the PA boarder.
 #79975  by Red Alert

Chipswife wrote:Once again, Chip and I won't make this one, due to the 2 hour drive required to get there. Maybe someday when a location is picked that isn't a few miles off the PA boarder.
Where are you folks coming from? I thought they had meetings in the Dover area if you're coming from the south and if you're coming from Pa. Bertucci's is like 10 minutes from the Pa. border...
 #79982  by Sodbuster

The only regular downstate meeting is in June here at the farm.

Maybe it's time to consider having a downstate and an upstate monthly meeting.
 #79983  by stephpd

Sodbuster wrote:The only regular downstate meeting is in June here at the farm.

Maybe it's time to consider having a downstate and an upstate monthly meeting.
Go for it!

All you have to do is start a thread.
Pick a place,vote, whatever you want.
 #79984  by dave_in_delaware

I know there have been threads started for a "Lower" Delaware meet before. Not sure if anyone has ever set one up and attended. But as was said: start a thread and get to it!
 #79988  by SeanM

Or perhaps, since there are only three counties, rotate between the three. NCC was last month; Kent the next month, Sussex after that, then back to NCC?

Just a thought.

Sean
 #79999  by stephpd

SeanM wrote:Or perhaps, since there are only three counties, rotate between the three. NCC was last month; Kent the next month, Sussex after that, then back to NCC?

Just a thought.

Sean
The problem is most folks that attend these are in NCC. Been that way from the start.

And since these are held, during the winter, during the work week folks aren't likely to have to travel 2-3 hours just for dinner. Summer, and during the weekend are a different matter since they're all day events.

I know there are folks in LSD that feel the same way too. I'd hoped that as membership grew that we could have all 3 counties represent and have one each month in every county.(PAFOA has grown that way too. First up in Carbon Co and now ones in many Co's.)

Surprisingly it was the OC crowd that came up with this. You won't even find this at the DE CCDW forum or DSSA. Same for PAFOA. There weren't any meet and greet of hunters, sports shooters or CCers. It's OC that got people to come out and see and meet others OCing.

But where we average 20 or more folks at the NCC ones, the attempts at ones during the work week down south have only gotten a couple folks to come out.

I don't object to having more then one meet and greet any month but I also realize that attendance would fall off in any rotation. It's just hard for folks to deal with differing work schedule's, work hours and family, plus all the added travel time for a simple dinner.

Since the beginning it's been a true democracy. Folks that plan to attend vote for where it'll be. 10 folks, above the canal, always beating out the ones from below the canal, as to the location. Same for the day of the week it'll be held.

What's been my biggest surprise is the amount of folks here that are in northern NCC that support OC. You'd think the southern folks would have the larger group and support even though less densely populated. Sure seemed that way when we first met at opencarry.org. Those from LSD saying it's OK there but we'd 'probably get shot' trying this here.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showt ... rry-in-DE-!!
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showt ... ption-laws
I remember there being other older posts about this but I can't find them.

That the bluest of the blue counties has more folks supporting OC is a real eye opener.
 #80061  by bluedog46

stephpd wrote:
SeanM wrote:Or perhaps, since there are only three counties, rotate between the three. NCC was last month; Kent the next month, Sussex after that, then back to NCC?

Just a thought.

Sean
The problem is most folks that attend these are in NCC. Been that way from the start.

And since these are held, during the winter, during the work week folks aren't likely to have to travel 2-3 hours just for dinner. Summer, and during the weekend are a different matter since they're all day events.

I know there are folks in LSD that feel the same way too. I'd hoped that as membership grew that we could have all 3 counties represent and have one each month in every county.(PAFOA has grown that way too. First up in Carbon Co and now ones in many Co's.)

Surprisingly it was the OC crowd that came up with this. You won't even find this at the DE CCDW forum or DSSA. Same for PAFOA. There weren't any meet and greet of hunters, sports shooters or CCers. It's OC that got people to come out and see and meet others OCing.

But where we average 20 or more folks at the NCC ones, the attempts at ones during the work week down south have only gotten a couple folks to come out.

I don't object to having more then one meet and greet any month but I also realize that attendance would fall off in any rotation. It's just hard for folks to deal with differing work schedule's, work hours and family, plus all the added travel time for a simple dinner.

Since the beginning it's been a true democracy. Folks that plan to attend vote for where it'll be. 10 folks, above the canal, always beating out the ones from below the canal, as to the location. Same for the day of the week it'll be held.

What's been my biggest surprise is the amount of folks here that are in northern NCC that support OC. You'd think the southern folks would have the larger group and support even though less densely populated. Sure seemed that way when we first met at opencarry.org. Those from LSD saying it's OK there but we'd 'probably get shot' trying this here.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showt ... rry-in-DE-!!
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showt ... ption-laws
I remember there being other older posts about this but I can't find them.

That the bluest of the blue counties has more folks supporting OC is a real eye opener.
SO that was from when Dave was wet from ear to ear on OC. :troll:

***************** Lower Delaware ***********************************

I have an idea how you could get meetings downstate. You could take a play out of the Obama playbook. Promise everyone if they vote for a meeting downstate that you will pay for their dinner. Everyone votes to have the dinner downstate. WHen dinner comes and all the New Castle County people ask about their dinner being paid for you could either say

The paying for dinner was the campaign, having to pay for your own after not think when you vote was the price of the election.
 #80064  by dave_in_delaware

bluedog46 wrote:SO that was from when Dave was wet from ear to ear on OC. :troll:
We all started less-informed than where we are now... and look how FAR we have come!