Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #86078  by MrCoolDale

I had to leave a bit early to get the wife home for work tomorrow. Thank you, everyone, for continuing to be so inviting. I know I don't make it to many meetings, but it's great to see some of the same faces and some new ones.

I would like to dub my table as the Island of Misfit Toys, but we certainly had some great conversations.

Stay safe!
 #86080  by Guard_Duck

MrCoolDale wrote:Also, I would like to formally nominate Guard Duck for the best name on the forum and most hilarious avatar image.
Thanks, I finally decided to have my name changed, as I'm using Guard_Duck on more and more forums. And I sold the Jeep back in 2010.

I got the idea from the comic strip "Pearls before Swine", the lil guard duck of Rat and Pig. He's a army vet, likes to blow stuff up, and shoots first and ask questions later. Always makes me laugh.
 #86082  by iamdude

It was nice to be able to make it to my first meeting, and put some names and faces together. Good time, good food and a good turnout.
 #86085  by Kuntryboy816

Great time tonight and good food. Was good meeting some new people too.

@Dillon: Good luck fishing bud! Tight lines and screaming reels! Have fun!
 #86086  by stephpd

Gotta love the hostess when asking 'How many?' I gave an answer of 10-20. We had even more then that by the time we got seated. Some of the staff did seem a bit on edge , especially when we were going back to our tables. The one male waiter was just looking bug eyed at each and every gun as we walked by. Hopefully after the diner they realized we're not there to hurt them but just to protect ourselves.

Nice meeting some of the new folks and old members too. Just wish they could have turned down the music some so I didn't feel the need to shout across the table. Would have liked to have stayed longer but those that know us well understand why we left before they closed the place.

Well, another successful meet and greet and on to Sodbusters for some range time. :mrgreen:
 #86103  by DieselTech

As I was leaving last night I held the door for a family with a couple small children. The mother was obviously shocked by all the firearms. As they walked away I just kept hearing her go on and on... Well we won't be going out to eat anywhere anytime soon... Blah blah blah... I just shook my head. Obviously liberal sheep
 #86117  by WPCatfish

There was one patron who's eyes bugged out as Amy, Matt, and I filed in when we got seated. I held the door for a couple of people on my way out but don't think I got a second glance.
 #86120  by stephpd

The one 'look' that got me was from the male waiter as we filed in towards our tables. He was all bug eyed and just looking at each and every hip and the gun on them. :shock: :shock: :shock:
 #86121  by dave_in_delaware

I'm sure he watches the news. And how the reporters talk about those evil guns. You know, how guns "just go off" and "kill people." :roll:

At least y'all weren't carrying "assault rifles"... I mean, think of the children!