Because we enjoy good company and good food.
 #87012  by brich2929

Sodbuster,

Is the list updated on what we still need??
 #87022  by Sodbuster

List updated as of this morning. Only thing that looks a little thin might be side dishes.

Looks like good weather for the weekend. With the recent rains, the range is still in good shape, however the access road may be four (or six) wheel drive only. Nothing we can't handle.

For those participating in the pistol match, you will need your handgun, holster, one reload and fifty rounds of ammo.
 #87049  by Taurus247

This will be my first meeting so I was wondering. Does or is anyone bringing their kids? Im just wondering if I need to get a babysitter or not.
 #87050  by Iggyjoe1361

looking forward to meeting all ya'll on Sunday. Hope the weather holds out!
 #87069  by WPCatfish

Taurus247 wrote:This will be my first meeting so I was wondering. Does or is anyone bringing their kids? Im just wondering if I need to get a babysitter or not.

Mine are 8, 11, and 15. They're coming and shooting their 10/22. Last year it was just the older two.

Not a lot for them to do during the pistol competition, but they had fun during the open shoot.
 #87070  by astro_wanabe

looks like I'll be there both days. I'm bringing cookies for sure, and probably a side. Any suggestions? I'll be bringing everything with me on Saturday morning since I'm camping.
 #87072  by stephpd

Taurus247 wrote:This will be my first meeting so I was wondering. Does or is anyone bringing their kids? Im just wondering if I need to get a babysitter or not.
Kids are always welcome, though they may not have enough to keep them busy. Much of the time at any meeting is just us old farts sitting around eating and talking. At least at these 'summertime' home meetings there's usually something else to do. (This one having a range. Some of the others, like mine, having a pool.)

We've had kids as young as 2-3 all the way up to near adults and it's never been a problem. (Well, almost.)
One of my dogs did take a hotdog from a little girl in a stroller as well one slightly older kid fall into the pool. :shock: